Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got my Q7 and if you liked the Q at all....

...you're gonna go bonkers over the Q7. After only 30 minutes of playing and shooting I am thrilled with this little puppy and cant wait to try a moon shot tonight with a Sigma500 + 1.4x TC. Already run through most of my Q lenses (never tried a Q10 btw) and all seems happy. It feels more solid than the Q and the rubberized grip on both ends (I got the silver and black version) feels wonderful. first shot I tried happened to be at iso3200 and at least on the camera screen magnified it looked great with no hint of noise. For anybody on the fence about the Q7, its head-and-shoulders better feeling than the Q. Go for it!

When I got the K-5iis I really could not tell a difference between that and the K-5 so no big thrill. Not the case with a Q ---> Q7 transformation. Its the cat's meow....at least for a gear-head like me. Next up, to see what kind of vignetting I get using the widest and fisheye Q lenses. I will post any moon shots tonight along with same from the Q (which at the time was the most detailed lunar shot I ever took).

Cheers!

Last edited by imtheguy; 09-12-2013 at 04:20 PM.
09-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
...you're gonna go bonkers over the Q7. After only 30 minutes of playing and shooting I am thrilled with this little puppy and cant wait to try a moon shot tonight with a Sigma500 + 1.4x TC. Already run through most of my Q lense (never tried a Q10 btw) and all seems happy. It feels more solid than the Q and the rubberized grip on both ends (I got the silver and black version) feels wonderful. first shot I tried happened to be at iso3200 and at least on the camera screen magnified it looked great with no hint of noise. For anybody on the fence about the Q7, its a head and shoulder better feeling than the Q. Go for it!

When I got the K-5iis I really could not tell a difference between that and the K-5 so no big thrill. Not the case with a Q ---> Q7 transformation. Its the cat's meow....at least for a gear-head like me. Next up, to see what kind of vignetting I get using the widest and fisheye Q lenses. I will post any moon shots tonight along with same from the Q (which at the time was the most detailed lunar shot I ever took).

Cheers!
hmm might be in the market for one...can't wait to see you post some shots with the 500
09-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
oh boy that might be the nail in the coffin... sounds great thanks for sharing
09-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Good to hear!

Mine is on order (silver/black) with Amazon. Hopefully I will have it by this time next week.

Feel free to post some pics (hint, hint).

09-12-2013, 02:46 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In order to justify I must first
  • Give away some of the Q's I already have
  • Sell a few lenses I don't really use
  • figure out the order lead time so it is delivered when someone isn't in town
09-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
A couple samples and comments posted re Q7

Want to see some shots? I played with high iso, bokeh, sharpness and color in the woods just now. Just posted in a new thread.
09-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I don't see the thread yet.

09-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mine should arrive early next week. Expect a Q10 with 02 and 06 on the market very soon....

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 09-12-2013 at 03:54 PM.
09-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
+1 to all that Imtheguy said.

Its certainly the better Q.
09-13-2013, 11:50 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those of you in US picking up the Q7, don't forget the extended warranty.
Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current Pentax DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional)
09-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Thanks for the reminder. $20 is a good deal for two years.
10-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #12
Banned

Just got my Q7

Hi everyone,
There are so many cameras available in the market that confuses us while searching the best camera. Pentex Q7 which helped me to take the beautiful pictures as compared to other cameras I found Pentex Q7 the best one. If you want to see your inner photographers go ahead with Pentax Q7 [link removed] for full review about this camera.

Thanks
Lucie

Last edited by Adam; 10-06-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: link
10-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by lucie Quote
Hi everyone,
There are so many cameras available in the market that confuses us while searching the best camera. Pentex Q7 which helped me to take the beautiful pictures as compared to other cameras I found Pentex Q7 the best one. If you want to see your inner photographers go ahead with Pentax Q7 [link removed] for full review about this camera.

Thanks
Lucie
Please, FFS, take your PentEx spam elsewhere. Our system is smart enough to figure out what's legit and what isn't without our having to touch a finger.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Give away

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In order to justify I must first
  • Give away some of the Q's I already have
  • Sell a few lenses I don't really use
  • figure out the order lead time so it is delivered when someone isn't in town
I will accept one more Q!