Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
Here ya go. Enough vertical and horizontal lines to see the FOV difference. Q7 on the left of course.
Why did I ever open this thread!??!!! Love the pictures and the comparison shots with the 03. All of you are in league to get me to spend more money on another Q, aren't you? But then the idea of not changing lenses so often is appealing - 3 lenses and 3 cameras, right? At least I'm feeling very broke, so can't do anything about it just yet.

09-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Hey that looks great, love the extra real estate with the Q7.

Do you have an 01 to compare similarly?
Lens 01 comparison it is, Q7 on the right...enjoy. These are straight from the cameras and joined. Much sharper in real life. I triple checked the settings and cannot explain the difference in tone between the two.
Attached Images

11-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by imtheguy Quote
I am floored by the iso 800 and 1600 performance. iso3200 requires a mild noise reduction. The bokeh is way beyond what I expected. Here are 2 shots I just took that demonstrate those qualities:

shots made at default everything in Q7 except I used Vibrant mode while in the shadows of the woods. No post processing or cropping.

you want bokeh?

you want clean iso1600?

One walk in the woods and I am SOLD on this little body.
Would you please quit teasing me with your photo's! Now more than ever, I'll make that trip to the cyber market, and see if I can land one of the Pentax Q7's. But, ah, which site should I purchase it from, as I can't find a camera shop that will eve talk to me about the Q7, let alone pick one up in my hands, just to fondle it for the weight, and view its features!