Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
01 Prime Issue

I'm having trouble with my 01 prime - as the Q starts up, the 01 lets out a quick series of clicks, sounding much like it's trying to focus - but much, much faster (like a quiet little machine gun) - then the camera shuts down.

I know the problem is with the 01, as when I mount it to my second Q body, it behaves the same way.

Nothing I do seems to solve it - I have switched batteries. I have left the battery out of the camera for a while and tried powering up again. I have reloaded the lens firmware. I can quickly enter the menu while starting up, and the camera will stay on - then when I exit the menu I'm greeted by an out of focus image and a camera that won't operate otherwise. I have set the camera to manual focus, but the focus ring is useless. I can start up without a lens mounted. I can start up with my 02 and the camera behaves normally.

anyone else had this problem? any ideas?

thanks
erik

Last edited by emergo; 10-14-2013 at 03:17 PM.
10-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Other than cleaning the contacts (both camera and lens) I don't have any suggestions.

Well, a general after the fact suggestion: Trying to write firmware to malfunctioning stuff is a pretty good way to kill it permanently, don't do that unless you're pretty sure it's otherwise useless.
10-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
SOLVED

It looks like the rear element was stuck. I was inspecting the lens this morning and noticed what looked like dust on the rear element. as soon as I went to clean it, the element snapped forward a couple millimeters. I mounted the lens and it works normally.

hooray!

Last edited by emergo; 10-14-2013 at 03:18 PM.