Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #1

Q: Hide settings info in shooting mode

I have gone through the settings, googled and read the manual but I still haven't found a way to hide the settings info from the LCD in shooting mode. There is a no info display option on playback mode but not in the shooting mode? The screen has so much info, especially when using exposure compensation, that it makes it hard to compose shots sometimes.

It's perplexing not to be able to do this when pretty every other (enthusiast) camera allows it and the Q being generally pretty customizable. Please tell me I just don't know how to use it because this is the single most annoying feature in otherwise great camera.

Only workaround I have found is to press OK when autofocus method is 'select' but there is still text present in the lower left corner of the screen and the info comes back when focused.

10-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Pentaxian

You want a black screen or just to remove the overlays and have just a view of the scene?

Press the INFO button a couple times to go blank.

Removing the overlay I don't think is possible and personally I'm not sure why you'd want this - you need to see these to setup your ISO, shutter speed and exposure..
10-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

You can pick different grid displays or turn it off, and also turn on/off the histogram and bright/dark warning. The stuff at the top and the bottom (ISO/shutter/etc) I don't know -- never thought about, doesn't bug me -- needs to be somewhere...
10-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
I meant removing the overlays from the top and bottom. The reason is that I want to see better what's on the top and bottom of the photo I'm taking
Too many times I have included something in a photo that I didn't mean to because the texts obstructed the view.

Any idea if the feature exists in Q7?

10-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #5

Original Poster
It's weird that I haven't found anyone complain about this while at the same time on various forums so much attention is paid to dslr viewfinder coverage.
10-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't have my Q with me, but pressing info on my k-x and k-01 can get rid of everything on the LCD.
10-20-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I don't have my Q with me, but pressing info on my k-x and k-01 can get rid of everything on the LCD.
It does that in playback mode, but not shooting mode, although you can make it totally blank (no picture at all), but that's not much good for composing...
10-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Forum Member

Re: Overlays

QuoteOriginally posted by rfc1925 Quote
I meant removing the overlays from the top and bottom. The reason is that I want to see better what's on the top and bottom of the photo I'm taking
Too many times I have included something in a photo that I didn't mean to because the texts obstructed the view.

Any idea if the feature exists in Q7?

Original Q no, Q7 yes.

Best regards

Ted