Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Q and lenses have worked perfectly since new and I have nothing but positive experiences with the entire set. I look forward to adding this new wide angle zoom to my kit.

My perception of the Q is that it is the most exciting, most creative, digital tool I have ever used. In my opinion this is what digital should be. If I want the ultimate in image quality I'll be using my Rolleiflex or my 4x5 field camera.

11-02-2013, 02:10 AM - 1 Like   #32

Sorry but I have to disagree with whoever said the 06 is a cheap bad lens.

I agree the manual focus ring is too lose but other than that the lens is pretty sharp and in my opinion a great example of a lens that can define the system. Its small, constant f2.8 and on q7 an equivalent of 69-205 (approx.). Its a lens I use regularly and get excellent results.

My want for faster primes is because I do believe I te system idea being so compact an that I get the impression fast small lenses can still be made.

Whoever said the Q7 or Q can only do scrap work only in my opinion is not understand I the full potential of it as a tool at least for something like street photography.

http://raist3d.typepad.com/files/readingcollage.jpg
http://raist3d.typepad.com/files/crossingsilouhette.jpg

- Ricardo
11-02-2013, 02:46 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
and 08 lens which turns out to be a slow zoom made to be superlight
The Q is all about being small and light, and very wide lenses (even when primes) tend to be slow. I'm hoping it will feel decently made. Let me quote the terrible machine translation:
QuoteQuote:
further, aluminum cutting cam tube is adopted, and has realized the operation feeling of high-quality smooth.
11-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Anyway, if you're after ultimate image quality, you shouldn't be using a Q in the first place.
Just because I like to have a small camera doesn't mean I can't fantasize. Either way...wanting to get the best out of my camera doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing.

11-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
Just because I like to have a small camera doesn't mean I can't fantasize. Either way...wanting to get the best out of my camera doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing.
You are right. Working to get the best out of your Q is a good thing. I also work to get the best out of my Q and it provides great image quality for me. It doesn't have to be a fantasy.

I don't know why everyone thinks you have to be packing a huge DSLR and a monstrous chunk of glass to get terrific image quality? I mean, people can make wonderful pictures with cheap plastic cameras and with little cell phones. Why can't you make fantastic pictures with a Q? You just have to learn to ignore what some silly reviewers say, then take the time to learn your equipment and what it likes and doesn't like. You might just be surprised what you can do with it.
11-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
You are right. Working to get the best out of your Q is a good thing. I also work to get the best out of my Q and it provides great image quality for me. It doesn't have to be a fantasy.

I don't know why everyone thinks you have to be packing a huge DSLR and a monstrous chunk of glass to get terrific image quality? I mean, people can make wonderful pictures with cheap plastic cameras and with little cell phones. Why can't you make fantastic pictures with a Q? You just have to learn to ignore what some silly reviewers say, then take the time to learn your equipment and what it likes and doesn't like. You might just be surprised what you can do with it.
I am well aware old the kind of quality that can be achieved with a Q. it would just be nice to have some faster lenses to help with it.
11-03-2013, 03:33 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am well aware old the kind of quality that can be achieved with a Q. it would just be nice to have some faster lenses to help with it.
f/1.9 standard prime, a fixed f/2.8 telephoto zoom, and a standard zoom which starts at f/2.8 for a palm sized compact camera. You're not an easy guy to please are you?

11-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #38
Pentaxian

f/1.2 fast enough?

Pentax K to Q-mount Adapter - Introduction - PentaxForums.com
11-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Ye cannae change the laws of physics!
11-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #40

Serious question guys... Do you think this lens will be useful for interior shots at A focal length of 21? My main use is for restaurant and retail spaces and shopfronts.

I have read that estate agents recommend a focal length of 16, but I don't need to show the full space, I just need to fit enough in to make decent intereting images.
11-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Would this new lens make the Q system the only ultra wide angle compact camera?
11-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
1.2 would be a decent start if three were any q mount lenses that fast.
11-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
f/1.9 standard prime, a fixed f/2.8 telephoto zoom, and a standard zoom which starts at f/2.8 for a palm sized compact camera. You're not an easy guy to please are you?
I like the 01 a lot, and the 2.8 telephone zoom is great. I would love to have one. I am just saying I would like some faster primes, or a wife zoom that I'd not slow as heck. A fast portrait prime would be amazing, too.
11-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #44
Pentaxian

MS Optical made a 25mm 1.1 in Q Mount. Nice lens. Manual focus of course but still quite usable, and very small.
11-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #45

Not quite, or maybe

QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
Would this new lens make the Q system the only ultra wide angle compact camera?
Not quite or maybe. Depends on point of view, if you want super small lens. The Lumix GM1 with the Panny 7-14 would take the crown.

- Ricardo