Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

02 Hood

I think this has been discussed but I could not find anything with search. Has anyone found a good hood for the 02. I have the small that goes with the 01 but I would like something more effective if there is such. The concern, of course, is vignetting at wide angle. Thanks for any suggestions and apologies again is this has been adequately dealt with already.

11-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is an OEM hood PH-SA 40.5 for +$36 and a JJC replacement version on eBay for <$15. Having three Q's in my family, I have one of each. Both do the job just fine. The plastic of the knock off version is just a tiny bit less rigid but that doesn't seem to matter.
11-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hi Mikesul,

I assume you have a Q, so monochrome's suggestions will work, but another consideration, if you might be thinking of upgrading to the Q7 -- the wider FOV that comes with the larger sensor requires a different hood to prevent hood vignetting at the wide end.

My generic suggestion is to google the Pentax part no for the hood in question. 3rd party mfgs use the same designation in their description of their hoods, so a search should yield the aftermarket versions as well as the OEM.

Scott
11-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Monochrome and Snostorm. I will probably pick up the ebay hood. Amazing that the small increase in sensor size on the q7 would cause vignetting. I will probably wait awhile on the 7 anyway.