Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #1

Pentax q issue

Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem, I tried searching the forums but I couldn't seem to find anything.

I have a Pentax Q camera which I've had for almost a year, It doesn't get a great deal of use. However now it seems to have some sort of software glitch. I've tried formatting it, updating its firmware and returning it to factory default settings, none of which have worked.

The screen seems to be working but the image is entirely black, as if the lens cap is off, and when I take a photo the image also comes out entirely black (and yes I have the lens cap off). Also some of the modes don't seem to register, when I'm adjusting the dial it only seems to register manual mode and movie mode, everything else registers as aperture priority mode. Also as soon as I open the SD card latch (whether there is a card in there or not) it turns off.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Joshua

11-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joshman5k Quote
Also as soon as I open the SD card latch (whether there is a card in there or not) it turns off.
This is the easy one - this is supposed to happen, all Q's will not work if the SD card door is open.

QuoteOriginally posted by joshman5k Quote
The screen seems to be working but the image is entirely black, as if the lens cap is off, and when I take a photo the image also comes out entirely black (and yes I have the lens cap off). Also some of the modes don't seem to register, when I'm adjusting the dial it only seems to register manual mode and movie mode, everything else registers as aperture priority mode.
This can happen if the lens is not recognized, the M AV Movie are typical when a toy or manual lens is used.
If you are using lens 01, 02 06 - perhaps the contacts are dirty or have gotten damaged some how.
Make sure they are cleaned, and that the lens is fully engaged.