Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Really liking my Dreamer strap

Snagged one of these a while back:

Iconic Dreamer Camera Neck Shoulder Strap Colors Red Sky Blue Brown Gold | eBay

I got the blue one to go with my white Pentax Q. I had to modify it slightly to fit, but I do the same modifications with all of my straps, to make them quick-release.

Instead of attaching the strap directly to the camera, I attach it to a 9mm split ring (like a keyring) from a craft store in the jewelry section. To the split ring, I attach a small lanyard clip, also from the jewelry section of the craft store. One of these:

This attaches nicely to ANY Pentax strap attachment point, and makes removal of the strap (for tripod shooting or stashing in a jacket pocket) much nicer.

The strap itself is slightly too wide to slide into the strap points on the Q, so this is absolutely necessary.

The strap itself is very nice, it's longer than your average pentax strap. If you adjust it all the way out, the camera will hang down by your hip when it's over one shoulder. This makes it very comfortable to wear strapped across your chest. I adjusted the strap up though, so it's slightly longer than the pentax strap and is most comfortable worn around my neck.

The little nametag that comes with the strap is extremely useful, since the Q is so tiny there's not really a place to write a name and phone number or email address. The holder for the roll of film is a nice touch, and i've already attached it to the strap I have on my ME Super.

The strap is very high quality. The leather is pliable, and the backside (against your neck) is suede. Stiching is good and it just feels good. It's a little odd, but having a neat strap with a funky color somehow makes the Q even more fun to shoot with. Although some of that is that the strap makes me keep the camera out and handy instead of stashed in a jacket pocket somewhere.

Charles.

11-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I picked up an old '60s plaid wide strap with those connectors, still working up the nerve to actually attach it to a camera but maybe the K-7 can give it a go! Thanks for the link, wide straps do have their value with a larger camera/lens combo.
12-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #3

Think I'm going to pick up one of these as well. I love the look and I've been looking for a camera strap for my Q anyways.