Just got mine too - thanks a bunch!
01-24-2014, 04:11 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine arrived yesterday, thank you.
01-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #34
Inactive Account

After field testing this ring on a 3 day hiking trip, I went back to taping the focus early on. It just doesn't provide enough resistance to accidental jarring (which happens all the time on a hike!) for aerial use.
However for "normal" street use it's OK, just keep an eye on it - better than nothing for sure!

Interestingly it actually fits the 04 better!

01-24-2014, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #35

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
After field testing this ring on a 3 day hiking trip, I went back to taping the focus early on. It just doesn't provide enough resistance to accidental jarring (which happens all the time on a hike!) for aerial use.
However for "normal" street use it's OK, just keep an eye on it - better than nothing for sure!

Interestingly it actually fits the 04 better!
Sorry it didn't work out so well on your hiking trip. I guess I designed the ring not as a lock, but more of resistance so you can still adjust focus as needed. (I don't think I have ever noticed an accidental change in focus after installation.) I can see how it would change focus if jarred. What do you think if it had two or three locking tabs? Want to try? Send me a pm if so.
01-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Are you still making and selling these? I am interested in one if so.

I am in Vancouver Canada.
01-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine just arrived. Well designed. Thanks for making these. Doesn't look printed like other items I have seen. You must have a great 3D printer.

K10Perry, any chance of designing and printing a macro extension tube for the Q? It would need to have electrical contacts to pass the power and info between Q and premium Q lens. It would be very popular with Qusers. It would only need to be about 8mm long for life size with 01 or 02 lens. I would pay good money for one.
thanks
barondla

01-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Mine just arrived. Well designed. Thanks for making these. Doesn't look printed like other items I have seen. You must have a great 3D printer.

K10Perry, any chance of designing and printing a macro extension tube for the Q? It would need to have electrical contacts to pass the power and info between Q and premium Q lens. It would be very popular with Qusers. It would only need to be about 8mm long for life size with 01 or 02 lens. I would pay good money for one.
thanks
barondla
So would I
01-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #39

Original Poster
Yes!

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
Are you still making and selling these? I am interested in one if so.

I am in Vancouver Canada.
I have 9 waiting for you.
01-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #40

Original Poster
Me too!

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote

thanks
barondla
I likely could get a dumb tube built, no contacts, easy enough. (Well, it could be done with a little time.) I'll have to see if I can make this happen.......
01-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #41

Thanks Perry - you're a Genius! Just received mine in the mail today - this is a Must Have for all who shoots w/ 03 Fish Eye - it is so well designed. Thanks again!

Rick
01-27-2014, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #42

Original Poster
You are welcome Rick and everyone else. I'm glad they seem to be working out for everyone on their 03 AND 04 lenses.

I've a request for a 2 and 3 tab design and will do a fit check & test this week if anyone is interested. I expect it will make it hard to focus with 2 tabs and very difficult to impossible to focus with 3 tabs. But I can understand the need in different situations. Let me know if there is an interest!
01-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K10Perry Quote
You are welcome Rick and everyone else. I'm glad they seem to be working out for everyone on their 03 AND 04 lenses.

I've a request for a 2 and 3 tab design and will do a fit check & test this week if anyone is interested. I expect it will make it hard to focus with 2 tabs and very difficult to impossible to focus with 3 tabs. But I can understand the need in different situations. Let me know if there is an interest!
This design works fine for me.
01-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #44

Original Poster
Dang, US postage went up over the weekend and I forgot! In the US, Focus Keeper+paypal fee+packing+postage is now $5.90. Canada and international shipping appears to have remained the same, $10.45USD shipped.
03-14-2014, 02:36 AM   #45

I know I'm late to the party here but are there any of these available still? I picked up an 03 today and holy crap its a sensitive little beast to focus. Been frustrating me all afternoon so came looking to see if there were any hints for using it and found this thread.