Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Some have mentioned that the focus keeper works on the 04 wide and I too can now verify that to be true. I just picked one up off e-Bay and the first thing I did was fit one up. Perfect fit! I still have some focus keepers from the last batch available for those still thinking of procuring one.....

03-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Got mine today. Works great! ^_^ Cheers!
03-31-2014, 08:22 PM - 2 Likes   #48
Veteran Member

Just small update on an unexpected benefit of the focus keeper.

I've been using my Q everyday since I got the focus keeper, so I've had some time to play with it. It works as advertised.

One thing the focus keeper allows you to do is focus your 03 lens WITHOUT HAVING TO LOOK AT IT. This is huge.

See, when I store my Q with the 03 lens on it, I always rotate the 03 so that it is as small as can be. This is not the position when it is in focus. However, now that I have the focus keeper in a fixed position, I know that by rotating the lens so that I feel three clicks, I am in focus. I can do this without looking at the unit to make sure, and I can do this even while I'm taking the lens cap off. It takes hardly any time.

Just something I wanted to mention since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

What a great product! All hail 3D printing!
03-31-2014, 10:09 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks EarlVonTapia, hadn't thought of that. Three clicks for my FE. Now I need to count the clicks on the 04.

Another tip. Didn't tape focus keeper on. Cut an old 700c bicycle inner tube to the proper width and stretched it over the keeper and lens. It was a fight, but it stays put.

Another idea for K10Perry. A plastic flash "cold shoe" that could be stuck on a flash, to hold the hotshoe protector, during strobe use. Amazed no one molds one into their flash.

3Dprinting looks great. VPI sells a printed highend tonearm that is supposed to sound incredible.
Thanks
barondla

04-01-2014, 05:38 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OK I also need one, sounds great now I just need to find the link on ebay
04-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
OK I also need one, sounds great now I just need to find the link on ebay
They're not available on Ebay. Message K10Perry directly and arrange to buy one from him. If you're in the US I think it's less than $10 total including shipping.
02-16-2015, 06:25 AM   #52

Are these still available? Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I wasn't able to PM the question until I had made a post.

02-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hope they are. I would be lost without mine on the 03 & 04 lenses.
thanks
barondla
02-19-2015, 05:22 PM - 1 Like   #54

Original Poster
Focus Keeper Anyone?

No problem, thanks for the bump! There are a few new interested folks about this. I'll run a small batch next week, the last week of February. I'll have a couple spares so should have some available up to this summer for sure. If you are interested, send me a PM. One note, due to postage increases the cost to make & ship is now $6.50 in the UA & $11.45 international. Let me know! (I can't live without mine on my 03 & 04!)
03-03-2015, 10:23 AM   #55

Got them!

Thank you K10Perry, received mine yesterday and took my 03 to the beach to test. Keeps the lens in place and looks much better than the chunk of inner tube I was using. Definitely going to put on my 04 also.
03-03-2015, 10:37 AM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Likewise. Got my two. A drop of Super Glue under ONE 'arm' serves well to keep it in place while allowing flexibility -- and removal if ever necessary.
03-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #57

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
Likewise. Got my two. A drop of Super Glue under ONE 'arm' serves well to keep it in place while allowing flexibility -- and removal if ever necessary.
Glad they are working for you. (I knew they would.) :-) Super glue..... Never thought of that. It won't ruin the finish on the lens?
03-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K10Perry Quote
It won't ruin the finish . . .
It didn't. But be careful around the "moving parts" -- a very small drop on the end of a tooth pick worked for me.

You gonna tackle the cable release bracket too? I'll post a pix of the "prototype" an' see if there's any interest.
08-04-2018, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #59

Hi,
Would you mind sharing the 3D model for local printing?
I have never done 3D printing or designing, but have seen many printable Pentax Q adapters and accessories at Thingverse and other similar sites.
This accessory of yours is the first I really would like to have.
There is a 3D printer in our public library. It is operated by the staff, so I'd only need to take there a 3D file in a USB stick to get it printed.
I'd be happy to make a donation to your PayPal account, of course.
05-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #60

Original Poster
I know this is a *really* old thread, but I just found a zip-loc bag with some inside. If there is still anyone shooting with their Q (I do!) and needs/wants one, PM me. I hope everyone is doing well... perry