Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2014, 10:41 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I need a set of extension rings......

.....to make this a little easier. This is a 100% crop. original Q and # 1 lens. with some extension rings this would be a lot easier.

01-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot! Which lens?
And don't extension rings require you to get closer?
Will the dragon stay there if you get close?
01-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
.....to make this a little easier. This is a 100% crop. original Q and # 1 lens. with some extension rings this would be a lot easier.
That's a pretty good shot! I'd suggest adapting a K-mount macro lens like a 50mm as that should take care of the problem

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-05-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Agreed, now that I think about it the extension rings would have to transfer the camera signal for the 01 leaf shutter to open.
I don't think anyone makes that anything like that.

01-05-2014, 03:25 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Amazing image Heinrich. The detail and sharpness are incredible. You have the 01 performing at maximum quality. Always enjoy your images.

Would love it if someone made a Q extension tube. It would be so much smaller than an adapted macro. As far as I know, no built tubes for the Auto 110 either. Would be so easy for a company to build.
thanks
barondla
01-05-2014, 03:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

surely it would be a 3d printable object, just need a way to house the electrical contacts and the male.female Q mount at each end
01-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice.

Dale

01-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #8
Inactive Account

That's exceptionally nice for a 100% crop from the Q!!

Another way to try is with a Q mount reversing ring ( Amazon.com: Fotodiox Macro Reverse Ring - 52mm Filter Thread for Pentax Q Mirrorless Camera: Camera & Photo ) - I was surprised that the focus is about a foot away with a regular reversed 50mm slr lens.

see: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/225148-pentax-q-52mm-reversing-mount.html
01-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
That's exceptionally nice for a 100% crop from the Q!!

Another way to try is with a Q mount reversing ring ( Amazon.com: Fotodiox Macro Reverse Ring - 52mm Filter Thread for Pentax Q Mirrorless Camera: Camera & Photo ) - I was surprised that the focus is about a foot away with a regular reversed 50mm slr lens.

see: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/225148-pentax-q-52mm-reversing-mount.html
I think keeping the leaf shutter open is still a problem.
01-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Heinrich, check Vintage Visuals in Calgary. They have a net presence. Not the cheapest, but I've found them very good to deal with over the years.
01-05-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Big time correction my friends, this was NOT the original Q but the Q7. I used both bodies on that cruise and just realized my mistake. Sorry about that.
01-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Right. The adapter is for 52mm threads, so I was thinking of a standard 50mm slr lens reversed - not a Q mount reversed lens (that wouldn't work).
01-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Good point Larry but with the latest firmware "problem" if you open the SD card door and remove and reinsert the SD card the lens shutter will open and stay open after you remove the lens. That would work for a reversing ring on a native Q lens and for an extension tube using the electronic shutter with a Q lens. I did find some extension tubes on Ebay for C mount lenses
01-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Good point Larry but with the latest firmware "problem" if you open the SD card door and remove and reinsert the SD card the lens shutter will open and stay open after you remove the lens. That would work for a reversing ring on a native Q lens and for an extension tube using the electronic shutter with a Q lens. I did find some extension tubes on Ebay for C mount lenses
I was not aware, thanks for the info.
01-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Good point Larry but with the latest firmware "problem" if you open the SD card door and remove and reinsert the SD card the lens shutter will open and stay open after you remove the lens. That would work for a reversing ring on a native Q lens and for an extension tube using the electronic shutter with a Q lens.
A more general solution (for all firmwares) is to set the aperture you want, start a long exposure and take the lens off. This way you get to choose the aperture too.