Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Dedicated Q macro lens?

Has anyone heard if Pentax is thinking about a dedicated macro lens? Maybe we can start a rumor about a Q09 lens!

01-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Has anyone heard if Pentax is thinking about a dedicated macro lens? Maybe we can start a rumor about a Q09 lens!
You just did!!

I've heard that Pentax considers the Q Line to be a long term growth System. They say they are committed to constantly extending the line and its unique capabilities. Your imagination about what that means is as good as mine.

If you really want to start a rumor, how about migrating the LED technology from the WG-3 into an integrated Ring Flash on a dedcated Q Macro Lens?
01-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
Pentaxian

There's a telephoto macro on the road map

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/Q_Mount_Lens.pdf

That said, I'm quite happy using K-mount lenses on the adapter for Q macro.
On the other hand, it's disappointing that the 01 and 02
do not have a macro range like most P&S lenses.
01-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If you really want to start a rumor, how about migrating the LED technology from the WG-3 into an integrated Ring Flash on a dedcated Q Macro Lens?
Now that will be a cool thing to do!
I'm sure they can ever control the LEDs as they will control the flash and allow you to change intensity.
I really want one now!

01-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #5
Forum Member

Yeah it's coming eventually. I was hoping it would be the next lens released but instead we got 08 wide. Probably be the 09 lens if it ever comes out. Haven't heard any rumors or anything about it so must not be on the horizon just yet. Also wished the 01 and 02 focused closer, though the 01 does ok.
01-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A dedicated macro lens would be what I will willingly fork good money out for for the Q.
Its really one of the very strong points of the Q system.
The UWA 08 a bit not so much...
01-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Hi monochrome,

Although this is a great idea, I think an accessory miniaturized Q dedicated ring light would really be welcomed. With the already taxed batteries for the Q, I'd rather see one with its own power supply, even though this would be bulkier and weigh more.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the proposed tele macro prime. Hopefully, they'll make it a very good one. . .

Scott

01-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Hi monochrome,

Although this is a great idea, I think an accessory miniaturized Q dedicated ring light would really be welcomed. With the already taxed batteries for the Q, I'd rather see one with its own power supply, even though this would be bulkier and weigh more.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the proposed tele macro prime. Hopefully, they'll make it a very good one. . .

Scott
I guess II needed the sarcasm tag but the WG battery lasts OK. Less processing going on though.

Given the Q has a live hot shoe a dedicated ring flash accessory for a long macro (100mm equivalent) would be great. What the heck, a dedicated Flash would be great!!