Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2014, 03:50 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
Share your shots with the 07 cap lens!

Since the new review of the cap lens closed with a suggestion to post some pictures taken with it, I thought it a good idea to open a thread with 07 pics.

I have this lens for some months now, and I definitely like it. So I'll start with pictures out of two series I took a few weeks ago.

First is from a visit to Cologne Cathedral, Germany:

Detail of the doorframe of the Cathedral:

Door knocker of the main gate of the Cathedral:

A visitor lighting a candle in the Cathedral:

Detail of those candles (note how the candles on the right appear sharp - the 07 lens has some sharpness reserved for close up objects at the edges!):

A bit nutty, but I had to try - a nice soft pano of the inside of the Cathedral, made out of six or seven single shots with the 07:

And here two b/w ones from a midday walk in Duesseldorf, Germany:

Trees:

A group of people strolling along (one of my favorites with the 07):

All taken with the original Q and in RAW, processed in LR. B/W conversion for the last two using Nik Silver Efex.

I do like the 07 cap lens - It has a very interesting rendition of things. But of course it's not for every scene and every moment. A bonus is that it's easy to have with you at all the times - with its tiny size and almost non-existent weight. :-)

Phil

Last edited by philzucker; 01-18-2014 at 03:57 AM.
01-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice images that show off this special lens. Especially like the close up of candles. Thanks for sharing these pictures. Reminds me of the Lensbaby. I use the LB a lot. Need to pick up this lens for the Q.

You seem to have every Q lens. That is so cool.
thanks
barondla
01-22-2014, 12:54 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Nice images that show off this special lens. Especially like the close up of candles. Thanks for sharing these pictures. Reminds me of the Lensbaby. I use the LB a lot. Need to pick up this lens for the Q.

You seem to have every Q lens. That is so cool.
thanks
barondla
Thanks a lot, barondla. Even if I mislabeled the candle pic - it's sharp on the left, not on the right ... I also though about acquiring a lens baby for my K-mount cameras to play around with it sometime. But they are a bit more expensive then the 07 cap lens, so I'm a bit wary here if it's worth the investment. .Which one do you have?

BTW: I wish I had every Q lens. But will have to wait for the 08 at least half a year ... :-)

Phil