Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
OEM vs. 3rd party Adapter

I had the opportunity to shoot similar shots with both adapters and these types of shots are the reason I got the OEM adapter. All shots taken at the same location, and time of day. The first 2 were taken last year using a 3rd party adapter and the last 2 this year with the Pentax OEM adapter. The issue for me was taking shots of moving objects while panning to keep them in the frame. Notice what should have been straight lines on the tail and the overall look of heat distortion (on a cool day) on what should have been straight surfaces on the first 2 shots and the crisper lines on the 2nd two shots.

The first 2 were shot using a SMC-M 135 f3.5, the 2nd two a SMC-F 80-200 zoom with about a 1/1000 sec. shutter speed

Last edited by hnikesch; 01-18-2014 at 07:40 AM.
01-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots Hans, the propellor is a telling feature of electronic shutter.

BTW for those interested I see an oem adapter with tripod foot is currently in the marketplace.