Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Q10 Exakta Lens Adapter????

Folks;

OK, I've had the Q10 for about two weeks and love the images with the 5~15mm Lens.....question, though, is this: I have a number of old Exakta Lenses that I would love to try on this camera (ranging from a 29mm Pentacon to a 400mm Telemegor...with a few other telephoto lenses thrown-in for good measure) but, I cannot seem to locate an adapter. Is this an odd or unreasonable request??? Does anyone know if such an adapter exists???

Thanks Much!!!!

"Frozen Joe" in Minneapolis.........

01-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The Q mount isn't super common yet, and the Exacta mount isn't as common as some of the others if I recall. (Exacta is medium format yes?)

If you can;t find one for Exacta-Q direct, you might be able to get a Q-K and then a K-Exacta
Basically putting two adapters on.
01-20-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the idea.....the Exacta lenses that I am using are for 35mm camera....I like your idea about putting the two adapters together to form one unit (now, I just need to convince my wife that this is not another one of my expensive camera adventures.......she would much prefer that I take-up the flute....but, that wouldn't be any fun, right????).

Take Care--"Still Frozen Joe" in Minneapolis (where it is -4 degrees and close to midnight.......)
01-21-2014, 03:27 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Bongo1976 Quote
Thanks for the idea.....the Exacta lenses that I am using are for 35mm camera....I like your idea about putting the two adapters together to form one unit (now, I just need to convince my wife that this is not another one of my expensive camera adventures.......she would much prefer that I take-up the flute....but, that wouldn't be any fun, right????).

Take Care--"Still Frozen Joe" in Minneapolis (where it is -4 degrees and close to midnight.......)
You're on the right track, unfortunately there are probably no adapters exakta => k mount as the registration distance of the exakta mount is only 44mm while the k mount requires 45.5mm.
I see two courses oe to you:
1) adapt exakta => canon eos => pentax q
2) adapt exakta => c mount => pentax q

I would choose the latter approach, as the c => q adapter opens up the whole universe of c mount lenses to you (don't tell your wife I told you though), plus you could adapt your exakta lenses to practically any other milc camera by swapping the requisite adapter (c => m43 / nex / fuji x etc).
I checked *bay and there is at least one exakta => c mount adapter available from a us source.
Let the fun begin!

01-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Another route would be Exakta --> Leica M adapter (e.g. Kipon) plus Leica M --> Pentax Q adapter.
01-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Adapter Options

Folks;

Thanks much for all of your valuable feedback and creative ideas on how I could use the Exakta lenses on my Q10......the 400mm Telemegor is a "beast" of a lens....I took it out early one morning to take some shots of the moon by a local lake (as well as to capture some early morning photographs) and I got a lot of attention (no less than four Police cars in the span of two hours came down to see what I was "up to"....they had probably received calls about a guy out in the parking lot armed with a cannon or some other weapon of mass destruction). Anyway, I'll keep you posted on any new developments....and, of course, I'll share photographs as I take them (this, of course, could be a while as my wife is guarding the purse strings very closely these days....)

Take Care--"Frozen Joe" in Minneapolis......