Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Well Tony, sorry for this... looks like your thread got derailed a little...

I am a little bit amused on how many people got their feathers ruffed up by my comment.
Maybe we have different understanding on what is "good", "very good" and "stellar / extremely good" images!? Who knows...

I have a Q and I know what it can do with good light and low ISO with the right lenses on it.
I never said it cannot deliver good and very good images (with the right setup and in the right hands)...

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Would this be stellar enough?

Original Q 06 lens at f:3.2

Original Q 01 lens at f:1.9
Compared with 6BQ5 picture, those are very good images and shows what Q can do with the right light and in the right hands.
Very good images indeed! Not stellar in my books though... sorry if you get offended by it...

I have similar portraits photos taken of my son. I know what the Q can do in the right conditions especially with studio lights.
However, even then, compared with the K-01 and even the MX-1, is not really up there... very close though.

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
With all due respect.... MrNewt's observation is total baloney!
Thanks for your kind and "respectful" comment... very mature of you. I'm sure your conclusion is based on a lot of research done on the topic .
Also, maybe if you could read everything before just posting stuff (like see previous page) you will find a post from me that explains as to WHY I've made that comment. In the same post I also say that I know that the "Q can DO"... just not as good...

For "serious" work, I would never use the Q.
I would like to see for example, someone shooting weddings with nothing but the Q...

Anywho... I guess I'll move on and apologize for whoever will read my comments and get their feathers ruffed up in the future (hopefully they will get to read this comment before adding their "respectful" ones)...

Last edited by mrNewt; 02-01-2014 at 05:40 PM.
02-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No problem. We all have our differing opinions. That's the beauty of photography . . . there's something for pretty much everyone. I plan on having a lot of fun with my Q.

Tony
02-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TonyTurley Quote
No problem. We all have our differing opinions. That's the beauty of photography . . . there's something for pretty much everyone. I plan on having a lot of fun with my Q.

Tony
That's all that matters!
Have fun!
02-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Those are good photos. I don't think my wife would understand if i got another camera system