Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2014, 05:57 AM   #1

Olive Green Q

Hi Folks,

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to get the Q7 as I have the Q, so may wait until the next update. I'm tempted by the olive green and brown version, but looking at the Colour Configurator on the website, the olive green version looks to have matt finish and almost military green look to it that I don't like. However, when you go to the checkout and select it, the camera has a gloss paint finish and a cross between gun metal grey and green which is really nice and what I want. Anybody know which colour is correct?
Thanks
Pentax Q7 - RICOH IMAGING UK LTD.

02-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As a former retoucher for automotive, fashion and product photography... the colors and finish you see in the "configurator" are not exactly what you will get in the final product. Typically two or three colors are photographed (light neutrals) and then the other colors are made from those. Black is the only color that can't be re-used this way (except for really dark glossy colors).

I've seen the colored Q7's in person, and there are some that are semi-matte (kind of metallic) and some that are glossier. The black and white are the only truly matte ones. You pretty much have to see the camera in person to know exactly what color you're getting...

Here's an example of the dark green (glossy) on the phoblographer, and here's what the finish looks like on most colors:

Last edited by panoguy; 02-08-2014 at 07:33 AM.
02-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. Looking at your photo of the real cameras (and several others I've seen) and comparing against the colour configurator, I can see several other colour choices on the website don't match the real camera versions either which look better