Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LCD Viewfinder for the Q VF-4

I was about to give up but I think I have finally found a viewfinder I can be happy with when I take pictures on sunny days...PNC VF-4 LCD Universal View Finder FOR DV Camera LED Light SLR B ...it fits the q nicely...I have added a piece of cardboard at the top but can look through it on a bright day and I don't have to fight it like all the other ones I have tried...it's not cheap but when you try to shoot with the adapter lens you need something like this to get decent manual focus...there may be others out there but this is the only one I found that works..
this is the q, qk adapter and sigma 500 on gimbal mount

Amazon.com: NEW Photography & Cinema PNC VF-4 LCD Universal View Finder FOR DV Camera LED Light SLR B: Camera & Photo

02-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Wow that looks cool Amy!
The tiny Q is lost in that setup
02-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter

That's an impressive setup Amy! When I still had my Q I had one of those that the frame screws into the tripod mount and then the shade was magnetic to the frame, it was OK but could get knocked off to easily with the magnet mount. I really never used it much because of that. I may get another Q sometime because I miss having it.
02-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #4

2750mm???

Can you post an example photo? I wonder what the moon would like using that setup! Must be amazing for bird watching too.

02-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
That's an impressive setup Amy! When I still had my Q I had one of those that the frame screws into the tripod mount and then the shade was magnetic to the frame, it was OK but could get knocked off to easily with the magnet mount. I really never used it much because of that. I may get another Q sometime because I miss having it.
tom I had one too and it would bend out and I stopped using it too..almost gave up until I saw this

---------- Post added 02-16-14 at 04:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarinatedHerring Quote
2750mm???

Can you post an example photo? I wonder what the moon would like using that setup! Must be amazing for bird watching too.

here is a moon shot with the setup you see

and a bird with the same

---------- Post added 02-16-14 at 04:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Wow that looks cool Amy!
The tiny Q is lost in that setup
larry it is hard to figure out where the camera is
02-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I had the same issues but fixed it by stealing this idea from the Hoodman loupe.
Attached Images