Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
The plastic bodies are just following big brother: K10, K7, ... , K5, K3?
You forgot the K20D between the K10D and K-7.

---------- Post added 2014-04-16 at 20:20 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
The only confusion for me is Pentax's retarded naming system.

Q1. Q2. Q3. That's the logical progression. Q, Q10, Q7 -- that's just retarded.
Harmless silliness?

04-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
You forgot the K20D between the K10D and K-7.
They skipped to get to "7" for the 1.7" sensor.
04-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
I think its down to: Wifi, better image quality (high ISO and detail), battery life and keeping the aestetics of the Q line.
04-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Well, I think the first order of business should be to ship pre-announced lenses, and especially that macro telephoto they showed (without specs) at CP+ 2014. I just hope Ricoh doesn't leave lenses on the roadmap for years, as I understand has happened for k-mount under previous ownership...

04-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #35

i think it would be cool if Pentax expanded the Q into a Micro Four Thirds camera - a "Pentax Qm" as it were. I'm sure the company could profit quite a bit by joining that community, and if the camera followed the Q design/feature philosophy, it could be a camera to be reckoned with!

i love my little Q (both of them) but occasionally, I think about M43 and am tempted...
04-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
i think it would be cool if Pentax expanded the Q into a Micro Four Thirds camera - a "Pentax Qm" as it were. I'm sure the company could profit quite a bit by joining that community, and if the camera followed the Q design/feature philosophy, it could be a camera to be reckoned with!
Right, it's not like they've never done a 13x17mm system before:

PENTAX auto 110 Super - Pentax Auto 110 SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
04-29-2014, 05:20 AM   #37
Forum Member

I now have two q bodies with three lenses 01, 02& 06. I want the toy and the 03 but also wouldn't mind a more powerful zoom.

I have a panasonic lumix dmc zs19 with a 20x zoom which is like a magical camera because no matter what I do with it, the pictures come out great. I wonder with the same sensor size if a lens like the one on my panasonic lumix would be able to be designed to fit on something like the q? I also notice at Costco the Sony with the 30x is on sale I think its the HS50V and I am having a hard time not buying it as I found it is even more powerful than the panasonic. Would there be a possibility of an expandable lens that could fit on a q body?

I guess the idea is that the Q is more of an art camera than the point and shoots if I am not mistaken right? I love the q body and control system on it as I also have a k500 and an MX-1, I like to stick with the controls I understand. It would be something if Q could have a collapsible lens so that it could really be pocketable.

The issue I have with the Q and the Micro 4/3 is I find they are no easier to carry than my DSLR. For me, its sort of like, pocketable vs non pocketable. Otherwise I don't mind carrying around my K500.

04-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
They'd likely need yet another mount given the Q lenses' image circle most likely woudn't cover the m4:3 sensor.
04-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They'd likely need yet another mount given the Q lenses' image circle most likely woudn't cover the m4:3 sensor.
yes, and to match the increased flange distance, but it would be a money maker. I didn't mean to suggest that they abandon the current Q line, but make a "pro/enthusiast" Q to rake in some more cash flow. plus it would be super fun to shoot with
05-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Would love a new Q body to be announced with the Q macro lens. A feature that would put it over the top, for me, would be in camera focus stacking. It is possible since the Olympus TG3, announced in March, has it. Focus stacking combined with the already amazing DOF of the Q would be incredible.
thanks
barondla

Enter Point & Shoot contest #78 in compact camera forum. The Q is invited. Open theme. Enter what you want.

Last edited by barondla; 05-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.
05-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #41
Veteran Member

How about a battery grip.

It could be L-shaped, so as to improve the handling in normal landscape orientation*, like the Olympus EM grip.

And at the top, similar to the SF-10, it could have a flash that tilts and swivels. I'd rather not see another proprietary flash mount like the old Auto 110 had, but apparently nobody has figured out how to make a Q-sized hotshoe-mounted flash that can tilt and swivel.

*I just checked the battery location on the Q and it's on the left side, so if they made a backwards-compatible accessory, I guess it would have to be a left-hand grip. Then it might as well be made out of wood.
05-04-2014, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #42
Veteran Member

I want a Pro Q, with 2 control dials.
A flippy screen would be awesome, with a little pen to be housed in the body ... I fear such a tiny screen is difficult to tap at the exact right point with my finger. That is, when it comes to like: touch to focus and shoot. And then in processing the picture I could scribble my lyrics at the bottom of the picture or elsewhere and it would be perfect. A whole new quality q world it would be.
And I really want a high quality macro-tele. 200mm equivalent.
When I feel down and stupid, not worthy of a real tool, I comfort my Q, that it comforts me so, that we are such a match.
Gosh, and I do feel great then.
That's why I want a Pro Q.

Have fun!
05-04-2014, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would like to see a 45-100 or 45-150mm native Q zoom with AF
05-04-2014, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

Still waiting for my wide prime 24mm equivalent pls!
05-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #45

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
Still waiting for my wide prime 24mm equivalent pls!
Count me in on a wide angle prime that is equal to or better than the 01 prime. I would like a 35 mm equivalent but would settle on a 28 or 24mm equivalent. And this is the hard part, about the same price as the 01. A $500 lens goes on my K-30, not the Q.