Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Just nabbed one of the Pentax ones the OP posted.

03-14-2014, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Talos Quote
Yeah I use that Manfrotto unit. Perfect for the Q as you say.

Monochrome : what is the bag you have your Q in that last pic? Been looking for a bag for mine for awhile and that looks like a great fit.
Hi Talos. That is an old Domke bag co-branded Tamron on a sewn-in strip on the front (Domke / Tamron embroidered). I picked it up for $1 at a garage sale years ago and recently added the black divider on the right from some other no-name bag to make room for the 02, 03 and 06.. The closest I can see on the Domke website is the F5-Xb, but that has more external pockets. This one is either no longer made or was a special item just for Tamron - it may have been a booth give away from some show years ago.

The cover flap has Velcro that sticks firmly to these patches.

The left compartment fits the Q7 with 06 mounted. The center now holds the collapsible tripod. The right has two compartments. The front one has the 03 and 01 stacked or the 06 with the o3 in the rear. In this photo the rear one contains the 02. You can just see the lip of a pocket in front of the padded insert. That holds all the flat stuff - extra battery, polarizer, remote, caps, etc.

Here's everything that was inside the bag.

I don't bother loading Q stuff in a small bag any more. I just grab this and go - everything is always there, though I must say I'm not sure where I'd put the 08.

Maybe I could move the tripod to the end, outside the padded insert.

Hmmm . . . . .

Last edited by monochrome; 03-15-2014 at 10:30 AM.
03-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I recently acquired this clever plastic collapsible NOS Pentax tabletop tripod to use with my Q and Q7. Came packaged in Pentax OEM box printed Asahi Optical Co., Ltd. JAPAN Part # 50020 eBay Post - 6 left @ $15 BIN / Make Offer

The base is adjustable to level your camera (or to raise 90 degrees for portrait orientation). For storage the two outer legs fold inward to the third leg then the legs fold flat against the base. It probably isn't sturdy enough for a K3 but an M-series film body might be OK.
Thanks again for this heads-up Monochrome. Just ordered one myself. Its perfect for my growing Q kit!
03-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for tip. LIkewise couldn't resist.