Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Another Bag for Q Thread

There was another post recently, along with many others since the Q system has been released, and I thought I'd share my solution.

I've played around with many options since getting my Q system trying to find one that was right for me. Finally I adapted a Crumpler 3 Million Dollar Home (3MDH) that works for my Q system. I've used this for the past year and find it works really good for me.

Here is a photo to give you an idea of the size of the 3MDH (shown beside my well used TAMARC Holster bag that I use to carry my K-5 with a 18-135 or 18-250)

First off Crumpler is a well made camera bag with lots of useful storage. Most of all it doesn't wreak of "hey that is a camera bag - please steal me".

I found mine on ebay for $45 with free shipping. They are usually on sale for $45-50 USD.

Previously I had the 2MDH which worked well for the 01, 02, 03 and one body. But when I bought the 06 I needed a larger bag and stayed with Crumpler and the 3MDH works great.

Here is what I can get in it....2 bodies with lenses 01, 02, 03. 30.5mm CPL, 30.5-49mm step up with a +3 closeup filter and 4 spare batteries.

The standard bag comes with one divider which I use as a horizontal spacer and only attach one of the velcro tabs to the inside and fold over the other tab so it can hinge up. I liberated a divider from another case (seens every case comes with a few spares. I used it as a vertical divider in the lower compartment. Here the O6 sits on the left hand side and their is room for two of the smaller lenses. I've got the 03 stacked on top of a 01 to show you how they would fit, but usually I only carry only a single 01 so this space is used for when lenses are switched out.

Here is the lower compartment

I can fit two bodies side by side in the upper level for transporting. I usually keep one body in the bag and the other one is on a strap around my neck when shooting.

THis photo shows the top compartment w/o the cameras in place. I use a little divider here from another source that keeps the 2 bodies from touching. It folds out of the way if I only carry one body.

Anyway this works well for when I want to have a small kit. Not bad for a complete camera system that fits into DSLR holster sized bag.

Last edited by mpreston; 03-17-2014 at 06:44 AM.
04-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice post
I am now looking at my 3MDH in a new light !
Seems I was one divider short of a picnic

they are really good bags nondescript and low key