Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2014, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I end the series of shots with some children portraits from the Orang Asli village.

The day was ending and the light was dimming.
This in no way dampened the simple happiness and smiles of the children in the village, and the shots leave a warm feeling in my heart.

If there was a 'to do checklist' for me as a photographer/traveler and camera user I'd list it this way:
1. Captures of places I went and saw - CHECK
2. The sights the activities of people I met - CHECK
3. The small stuffs that catch my attention that I may not see in my home country - CHECK
4. Portraits of the people - CHECK

Its a pretty well covered list to me and all done with a small system that did not encumber me or hindered me in anyway.
If I wanted to, I can easily dispense with the small satchel camera bag I used and use a waist pouch with the lenses in small pouches.
For this sort of short trip or day out, I think the Q as a system is really good.
Not as poor quality or rigid as using a handphone or pns while not going all out serious either with a DSLR/MILC system.
Basically fun..

---------- Post added 04-04-2014 at 09:43 AM ----------

04-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #17

Very nice photos.
04-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So nice to see children playing instead of obsessing over iDevices!
04-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I enjoyed the series, some really great shots

04-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I shot some more stuff with my trusty MZ5n, but since they are not Q shots, I posted them over in the film section

More here :
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/53503-cool-l...ml#post2767284

---------- Post added 04-05-2014 at 07:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VladimirYo Quote
Very nice photos.
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
So nice to see children playing instead of obsessing over iDevices!
QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
I enjoyed the series, some really great shots
Thank you all for the support and kind words.
Glad you liked the shots.
04-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #21
Forum Member

Pinholecam do you shoot only jpeg on the Q? Or just when you want to shoot reversal film and other presets?
04-09-2014, 08:12 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hoffo Quote
Pinholecam do you shoot only jpeg on the Q? Or just when you want to shoot reversal film and other presets?
I usually shoot on the reversal film setting in jpg only.
I seldom use RAW with the Q system.
The only times I use it is when its a situation that I think its important enough to warrant very correct WB (eg. child's concert or birthday with tungsten lighting) or if I know I want as much quality I can get, which is usually macros and long tele shots.

My other most used setting would be B&W, though I much prefer shooting in reversal film and working the B&W from there.

04-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #23

Gorgeous shots all throughout and looks like a fun trip. I'm a bit jealous >_<

I hope I get to travel again with my Q soon, I didn't use it much when I went to New York in the fall and I've regretted it ever since. I'd love another go at it.
Also, you use the Q to great effect, inspires me
Cheers,
~M
04-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #24

Lovely read through and trough. And the imagery is quite special in its own right. Thanks for sharing.