Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
anyone shooting for worldpinhole day n april 27th- today?

Similar to Pentaxium/Pentax World Day. Shoot with any pinhole camera/lens and upload to their website for free. Q could be a stretch for this but I will try it. My main cam wil be the yellow K-01.
thanks and have fun
barondla

You have to shoot today. Get the aluminum foil and sewing needles out and have a go.

04-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #2

i had hoped to, but family stuff got in the way.

i did some test shots earlier this week with my Q and a .2mm pinhole I purchased, but the results were puzzling - there are spots on the images. I blew off the sensor but the spots remained. same case when I mounted it to my K-01 and my K5, although they were much smaller

the Q shots came out the moodiest, but with the spots, I found them to be almost useless.
04-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
the Q shots came out the moodiest, but with the spots, I found them to be almost useless.
Bummer. What brand pinhole did you buy? There are two ways to build a pinhole. First way makes a hole in the material. This can't add spots, but it can sure accent crud on the sensor. The second method prints black on a clear base and leaves a clear dot. This will also accent sensor crud, but it could also cause spots if the black isn't totally opaque.

Pinholes are a great test for sensor cleanliness. Dust appears 3D like. Would love to see one of your Q shots.
thanks
barondla
04-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #4

i got the pinhole off ebay - it's laser drilled aluminum.

this shot is just a random test out my back door. the pinhole was mounted on a C-Mount adapter. the images aren't sharp, but it does give them a 19th Century kind of look. however, you can see the spots.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
04-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I am at work now but did shoot some images on my wife's K5 for world pinhole day. Also shoot using several home made pinholes on my 4X5 and my wife shoot many images on her 5X7 pinhole onto photo paper. We also supplied some tin can pinhole cameras for other people to use and are planning on a paper neg developing party Thursday night. I would think the Q or the K01 would both make great pinhole cameras
04-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
i got the pinhole off ebay - it's laser drilled aluminum.

this shot is just a random test out my back door. the pinhole was mounted on a C-Mount adapter. the images aren't sharp, but it does give them a 19th Century kind of look. however, you can see the spots.
Hmmm! You have dust on your sensor!
04-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Hmmm! You have dust on your sensor!
yes, indeed I do!
04-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Had a few dustspots on mine. Clone brush took care of that problem. Before the shoot I cleaned both sensors with Rocket Blower.

Q really pushes the pinhole optics. Made this pinhole myself- brass shim stock with needle pushed thru. Used a #12 sewing needle.

A interesting question. Does the optimum pinhole size ( I see #10-12 sewing needle recommended a lot) change with the Q, since it is so much closer to the sensor than a slr?

thanks
barondla

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo