Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax, please add in camera focus stacking to the next Q body.

Olympus just announced the TG3 underwater compact with in camera focus stacking. Add the led ringlight feature and ths could be a macro killer. Only things stopping me is no true manual exposure and no Raw. Sigh.

The Q with its new macro lens, and large DOF would be a natural for focus stacking. If they could use the intervalometer to set up # of shots it would be great. In theory, with Q lenses, you could focus on the closest and most distant parts of subject you wish in focus. The camera would move focus and take the proper number of shots. All based on the aperture you selected. I would go bonkers over this feature.

thanks
barondla

05-23-2014, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This would be cool, especially once the 09 tele macro is released.
05-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Please Please PLEASE allow flash on non-built-in-shutter lenses!
05-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by systemA Quote
Please Please PLEASE allow flash on non-built-in-shutter lenses!
You mean adapted lenses or toy lenses? Either way set shutter speed to 1/13 or less, that should get you flashing.

05-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
Pentaxian

+1

It might just make the Q the king of macro.
05-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess it would be nice to have it built in, but ZereneStacker is free and pretty easy to use....
06-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I guess it would be nice to have it built in, but ZereneStacker is free and pretty easy to use....
It is not free: stacker:docs:purchasing [Zerene Stacker]
06-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
CombineZP is a free stacking program. Not quite as good as Zerene. Good though. Problem with stacking later is not knowing if a stack will work. Too coarse of a focus step or a little wind can wreck a stack. Having a "backup" camera with stacking would let you know then if it worked. Like comparing film to digital review. Also camera would use lens micro motors for precise focus steps vs manually focusing or moving a rail.
thanks
barondla

06-07-2014, 03:00 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
well it's good, but but one has to have a stack if the first place, and manual focusing without remote is not fun.