Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #1

My Adapted Konica Hexanon Lenses

I bought a Q for the purpose of using these sharp, contrasty 1970s lenses on a small sensor to get maximum telephoto and super macro. I bought the adapter with the tripod mount, put a bunch of felt inside including a baffle at the back end, and tried them out. Result, baffle and felt or no, each of the lenses lacks contrast--40/1.8, 50/1.7, 55/3.5 macro, 135/3.2, 200/4. I haven't tried the 135/3.5 yet but really no need.

I didn't do extensive testing but since the 40 is the easiest focal length to work with I played with that the most, first without felt and baffle and then with. On Micro Four Thirds the lens is best at f4 or f5.6. On the Q, however, there are details (on the tissue box across the room I was focused on) that can only be resolved at f2.8.

I shouldn't say I'm frustrated, but I am disappointed that while although this works as I want it to, the Qs tiny pixels really show that the glass isn't perfect. I'm sure if rigged an adapter for my more modern m4/3s lens they'd be better, but they all require power to focus. I don't have the Voigtlander 42/0.95 yet but when I get it I might try to adapt. That should for sure be good enough glass and has MF.

Has anyone else tried these Konica Hexanon lenses on Q? I'm kind of sad that they give lackluster results. They'd be fine black and white but for me I only like black and white at wider focal lengths.

05-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I find that in addition to shooting at f4 or more open, and painting the inside of the adapters the Q really needs to be shot at base ISO 100 and the final images require Post processing. I need to add contrast, sharpen the images, and remove CA.