Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #1

Rainbow H3.5mm f/1.6

Len is sharp, no vignette that give you about 19.6mm equivalent field of view. I guess Ebay people got a wind of it and now the price is going up. I bought the len recent on Amazon, it is still being sold cheap as of speaking. The len is able to do close focus and infinity focus.

Get this len and use it on C-to-Q adapter and you are golden with a sharp and very wide angle len. My only complain is that I want a much sturdy construction :/

Anyway post your shots here if you get this len.Below are mine. Picture of the len and the test shot is straight from the camera 4:3 mode

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-N900T  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 

Last edited by rendition; 05-29-2014 at 05:36 PM.
05-31-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I got mine for $20 so can't complain. It's almost as wide as the 03 fish, also has quite a bit of barrel distortion, but nowhere near like a fisheye. It's pretty soft wide open, and kinda hard to focus imho. It feels a lot like a soft focus lens where there is a range of "sharpness" to go through (doesn't pop into focus).I think it works great in Bold Monochrome mode with lots of sharpening added! In regular monochrome mode it's a low contrast lens which helps to avoid blown highlights and clipping. Stopping down helps a lot, but this is not a pixel peeper for sure!
Still It's a fun lens, a good companion for the Q .. excellent in low light & focuses super close!