Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Bought the Q! Now I have Q(uestions)

Hey Guys,

I've wanted to get a companion camera for my K-3 for some time. I often find the K-3 is just that bit too bulky to sling in a bag - even though it itself is actually quite compact for what it can do.

I've watched the prices on the Q and Q10 drop over the months and have been tempted by the Q10 at 179 in the UK with the standard zoom. However the 01 prime is what I was really interested in.I got lucky recently I picked up the Q in white with the 01 lens for 99 mint and boxed - which isn't a bad price given the rarity of the 01 lens now.

I've been fiddling around but I have a question:

1. In the User settings (1, 2, 3) is it possible to get the camera to remember different aspect ratios? I can't see a way to do this. I have User settings 1 to 2 saved as monochrome bold and muted with heavy vignetting. I want the first 1:1 aspect ratio and the second 16:9. And although the camera suggests its saved the aspect ratio it always reverts to whatever aspect ratio is set to the dot position on the Quick Dial.

The firmware is updated to 1.14

Thanks!

06-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I assume you are asking about quick dial settings, Looks like you can't mix the user settings if you use one smart effect then all 4 positions must be other smart effects, or if you set one aspect ratio than all 4 positions must be aspect rations
06-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

yes, it's all one or the other. A shame, I also wanted to program 4 of my own choices.
J
06-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
pqx

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Hey Guys,

I've wanted to get a companion camera for my K-3 for some time. I often find the K-3 is just that bit too bulky to sling in a bag - even though it itself is actually quite compact for what it can do.

I've watched the prices on the Q and Q10 drop over the months and have been tempted by the Q10 at 179 in the UK with the standard zoom. However the 01 prime is what I was really interested in.I got lucky recently I picked up the Q in white with the 01 lens for 99 mint and boxed - which isn't a bad price given the rarity of the 01 lens now.

I've been fiddling around but I have a question:

1. In the User settings (1, 2, 3) is it possible to get the camera to remember different aspect ratios? I can't see a way to do this. I have User settings 1 to 2 saved as monochrome bold and muted with heavy vignetting. I want the first 1:1 aspect ratio and the second 16:9. And although the camera suggests its saved the aspect ratio it always reverts to whatever aspect ratio is set to the dot position on the Quick Dial.

The firmware is updated to 1.14

Thanks!
You can still quickly jump ratio via the info button though.

06-12-2014, 03:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies confirming what I thought to be true. It's a shame because it would be possible to implement. The USER settings only remember image tone and filter settings - but there's no reason why they couldn't remember every setting (unless its a memory issue I guess).

Pqx: yes, I've just discovered that - so it's not as bad as I thought really!