Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Otis would be proud . . . maybe

Some more practice with the Q and an adapted lens this evening, under cloudy skies. The lens this time was a Minolta MD Macro 50/3.5. This is a 50% crop, taken from about 25 feet away, processed through RawTherapee and GIMP. The photos may have been even a bit better, but I was shooting through a slightly dirty glass door in an effort not to scare the little rodent. One thing I've noticed about the Q is it doesn't take much to generate noise in a photo, and I haven't figured out a good RawTherapee-GIMP workflow to properly deal with it. I have a box full of Minolta and Pentax legacy lenses I'm trying out on the Q; in a week or so, I plan to put some up for sale. Even though my lens collection is modest, I still have more than I can use.

WSSA #506PX

Last edited by TonyTurley; 06-17-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Keeping OTIS happy

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, lens, minolta, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7