Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2014, 02:32 PM - 1 Like   #1

The Brenizer Method & The Q

If you aren't familiar with "The Brenizer Method" you can read about it on his log here: brenizer method Archives - Ryan Brenizer -- NYC Wedding Photographer. Problem solver, storyteller.

I've done panoramic stitches before but never really did multi-stitch shots as it never fit into the types of photos I was shooting. However after hearing about this technique yesterday I gave it a try on my Pentax SLR and then thought, if I get good results on these I wonder if I can give the Q some more shallow DOF.

Below is a 40MP stitched shot from the Q. I've only done an Unsharp Mask on the image and a little de-noising since I shot at a higher iso. I think the image came out pretty well and it is easy to execute once you learn the principles. The quality of the original image is amazing.

EDIT: A 50% version can be found here of the original image: http://tinyurl.com/kmw78oy

Pentax Q + 06 Zoom at max: Manual exposure, Manual Focus lock, about 9-12 images before stitching.
Name:  HiRes-Flower.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  67.2 KB

Last edited by knightzerox; 06-12-2014 at 02:39 PM.
06-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice photo. I will have to rea up on this method and try it.

Dale
06-13-2014, 03:50 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work! I've done a fair number of Brenizer panos but would never have thought of trying one with the Q. Looks very good. Did you use a panoramic head?
06-13-2014, 06:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you. The photo was taken handheld. Only thing I changed is turning instant review off ( to allow you to quickly re-take a photo ) and setting the green button to AF. By setting the AF on the green button, you can lock the focus since it will leave the focus as it is until you hit the button again.