Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

c/cs-mount on Q?

Has anyone tried Fujinon C or CS-mount lenses on the Q? I've been browsing adorama and the focal lengths for these lenses seem to work great for the Q and they seem to have large apertures too. Anyone tried these out? Is there a lens adapter for it?

06-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are cheap c-mount adapters for the Q, but most of the cheap C-mount lenses you see are for CCTV cameras and aren't that good. There are good C-mount lenses available, but they aren't as cheap and you have to search for them.

There is no CS-mount adapter for the Q.
06-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
There are cheap c-mount adapters for the Q, but most of the cheap C-mount lenses you see are for CCTV cameras and aren't that good. There are good C-mount lenses available, but they aren't as cheap and you have to search for them.

There is no CS-mount adapter for the Q.
Oh ok
06-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaolen Quote
Oh ok
Yes there is in a way.You need the RJ C/PQ adapter,go to a security Camera shop and see what they have.
Most if not all Lenses for those Cams come with one or two adapters to fit various Security Cameras.
they screw right into the RJ and into each other.

Regards
Ted

06-16-2014, 04:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
C mount lenses work fine on the Q with an adapter. CS lenses do not work as a rule, because though they screw into a C mount adapter, the registration distance is different, so the focus will be off. There was one "Hawk" branded CS to Q adapter available, but it was hard to find and ridiculously priced for what it was (around $70). Many CS mount lenses have an image circle too small to work on the Q anyway, so it's not usually worth the effort, in my opinion.
06-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #6
Forum Member

+1
True,I've never used mine,although I have one of each and Lenses to fit.
Used to do that kind of work for a while.