Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Xtend-a-sight to be discontinued

I just ordered one and the site reported only 3 left before I ordered. I contacted Phil who says he is sorry to disappoint the Q forum members but that it is no longer economically feasible to continue production. I noticed that he just sold 35 on Ebay. Hopefully, all members who wanted one got theirs already. If not check the xtend-a-sight site right away to see if there are any left.

07-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #2

All gone :-(

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I just ordered one and the site reported only 3 left before I ordered. I contacted Phil who says he is sorry to disappoint the Q forum members but that it is no longer economically feasible to continue production. I noticed that he just sold 35 on Ebay. Hopefully, all members who wanted one got theirs already. If not check the xtend-a-sight site right away to see if there are any left.
07-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's too bad. Phil did a nice job with these and offered excellent support.
Hopefully a replacement unit will be located for future buyers.
07-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

All gone. None on eBay either. Any alternatives?

07-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
It turns out I got the last one. However, B and H has something called Firefield Weaver Camera Adapter. Which looks like it might do the job.
07-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
It turns out I got the last one. However, B and H has something called Firefield Weaver Camera Adapter. Which looks like it might do the job.
Thanks so much. I didn't know to use the string ,"Weaver mount" I kept using the, "red dot site" and "hot shoe adapter". It doesn't look to be as well built and the few reviews are only three stars but it's all there is as far as I can tell.

So, if anyone else is looking:

Firefield Weaver Camera Adapter
Amazon.com: Firefield Weaver Camera Adapter: Sports & Outdoors

Heavy Duty CQB RED dot sight sighting system
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00457SRBI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&ps...A3GAX7ZBPA4DZX

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 07-10-2014 at 06:53 AM.