Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax OEM Adapter K-Q only $209

Adorama and B&H both have the adapter in stock at $209 now.

When I bought mine I think I paid almost $300 for it.

I think this price is very reasonable given all the advantages over the third party units.

I may just have to pick up another as a backup.

Pentax Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses 39977 B&H Photo Video

Pentax Adapter Q for K-mount Lenses 39977

07-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It's been $209 for a while, and going to be my next purchase.

I can't see why anyone would buy the Novoflex version for nearly $300. No leaf shutter, nor does it offer any advantages over the real thing.
07-16-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great for all Q users!
07-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crewl1, I would love to have a 2nd adapter with the PK multi mount on it. No idea if it would fit. In its favor is the fact it isn't weather proof. It would be so cool to use PK, Nikon, and Olmpus OM lenses with a shutter.

Maybe there will be an af adapter in the future. That would be awesome. It would also slow the sales of cheap after market adapters.
thanks
barondla

07-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You guys are a bad influence. After reading all of your remarks concerning the original adapter, I ordered one from Adorama, as well as the tripod foot from rakuten.ja. I decided to cancel the order of the generic adapter I'd ordered from Amazon. I have two good quality Vivitar/Kiron zooms I want to use on the Q: a 70-150 f/3.8, and 75-205 f/3.8. These will hopefully give me good poor man's long telephotos. After selling my 55-300 WR, I have no more A or DA lenses, and I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a Bigma or 'Lil Bigma.
07-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TonyTurley Quote
You guys are a bad influence. After reading all of your remarks concerning the original adapter, I ordered one from Adorama, as well as the tripod foot from rakuten.ja. I decided to cancel the order of the generic adapter I'd ordered from Amazon. I have two good quality Vivitar/Kiron zooms I want to use on the Q: a 70-150 f/3.8, and 75-205 f/3.8. These will hopefully give me good poor man's long telephotos. After selling my 55-300 WR, I have no more A or DA lenses, and I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a Bigma or 'Lil Bigma.
Get the Fanotec 100mm foot instead of the original one, it's so much better.
07-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Its logical to acquire the the Q/K Adapter for my Q, but I haven't - yet. I have an Tak 135 and M105 and M150 along with an A*300 that I want to use. Yup, $200 is better than $300, and that is what put me off initially. That and Pentax not including the foot - what were they thinking of (or not). Their reasoning is/was - that you already have the foot from one of the other lenses, just does not hold water, plus the foot is, was or use to be another $100 - was just ludicrous. Fanotec's foot is much much improved design and provides a better value - that's a plus right there.

Then we come to the rail, clamp, plate and Y, that I also need to support the A*300/4 for both the K5 and the Q - all together now we are well north of $400. All of this for a little fun camera/lens that I acquired for $100 and change. Yes - photography is capital intensive - and the mechanical support stuff, even more so.

I should just call B&H and spring for the parts - but, since today is my day off, I need to go get my EKG for my date with the surgeon (Dr. Hernia) next week.... Getting old is a bi*ch - but it sure beats the alternative.

07-18-2014, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Crewl1, I would love to have a 2nd adapter with the PK multi mount on it.

Maybe there will be an af adapter in the future. That would be awesome. It would also slow the sales of cheap after market adapters.
thanks
barondla
The multi mount is a cool idea. As for AF the only way would be for it to have a battery of its own else you'll probably have to change Q batts every few shots.

---------- Post added 07-18-14 at 02:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TonyTurley Quote
I've been old I am a bad influence by others.