Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
Very excited to recieve this. then,..

... it didn't fit on the body Arrggg!

Amazon.com : Camera Adapter Ring Tube Lens Adapter Ring for Pentax K Pk Mount Lens Adapter to Pentax Q Camera with Tripod Mount : Camera & Photo

07-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,441
Never heard of that. Though if you return it I would get one with an aperture ring instead.
07-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
New Member
Rick_B's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 15
I bought one from eBay and found the same thing, it just wouldn't mount on the Q10...so, I took a close look at it and saw a small screw in the mounting flange on the Q side of the adapter.

I removed this little screw and the adapter would now fit into the Q10 without any problem....

Was much cheaper than trying to send the thing back all the way to China only to find out it was made that way...

I guess their tolerances are just a bit out of whack with the Q mount to sometimes make things not fit quite properly....


Good luck!
07-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 241
Sorry to hear that. Seem like Rick_B might have a solution though. I recently purchased the Fotodiox version for my Q10 and it seems to work quite well. It was for a Minolta mount. I'm now tempted to pick up the Pentax mount version to try with some of my M and A version primes.

07-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Scott Depot, WV
Posts: 1,240
I started to get the adapter on this thread, then cancelled my order from Amazon. I had been hesitant about spending the considerable extra amount for the genuine Pentax version, but I went ahead and got one from Adorama (through Amazon). It seems to be a well made unit, and works smoothly with my K-mount lenses.
08-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rick_B Quote
I bought one from eBay and found the same thing, it just wouldn't mount on the Q10...so, I took a close look at it and saw a small screw in the mounting flange on the Q side of the adapter.

I removed this little screw and the adapter would now fit into the Q10 without any problem....

Was much cheaper than trying to send the thing back all the way to China only to find out it was made that way...

I guess their tolerances are just a bit out of whack with the Q mount to sometimes make things not fit quite properly....


Good luck!
That was the ticket. I can't figure out what the screw was there for in the first place.
08-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 440
That little screw is on all the lenses and adapters with metal mounts. It's missing on the plastic mount toy lenses. That's all I gotta say about that!
08-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
That little screw is on all the lenses and adapters with metal mounts. It's missing on the plastic mount toy lenses. That's all I gotta say about that!
I still don't get it.

08-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #9
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 901
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Never heard of that. Though if you return it I would get one with an aperture ring instead.
Didi that. Over a week ago. Just got a msg from the place I bought it from. They forgot to ship it. The msg also stated that they're now out of stock. Did I mention, "Arrggg!"
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, camera, lens, mirrorless, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody excited to get a flu? rrstuff Pentax K-3 80 12-29-2013 06:03 AM
If this isn't Pentax, then what mount is this? minahasa Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 15 09-06-2013 12:33 PM
sigma 50mm 1.4, very soft wider then 2.5 sarahparish91 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 21 02-07-2013 04:40 AM
very, very few people have been willing to let the evidence speak. jeffkrol General Talk 41 12-03-2012 10:46 AM
Very excited new K-r owner!! Ellzintaz Pentax K-r 16 08-08-2011 06:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:08 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top