Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-06-2014, 06:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How much faster is the Q7 in terms of RAW shooting? I'm aware of the advances in sensor and sharpness, but my concern is how abysmally slow the Q is when shooting raw. SECONDS between shots or from shooting to reviewing the image. It's MADDENING, because RAW is the only way to get acceptable images in low light/high ISO. The RAW images come out amazing, the JPEGs are all muddy and gross.

For that matter, is the JPEG processor any better in the Q7?

I have two Qs... one white, and one backup in black. (Was cheaper to buy the 01 as a kit than to buy it alone, so I ended up with two bodies). I don't really want another Q... but if the RAW processing is faster I may jump on it. Especially now that the new Q(random number generator) is coming out soon.

Charles.

09-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The only thing that will make me buy a new Q is speed. Make it shoot as fast as my K-01 in Raw+, and I'll buy it in a heartbeat. Shooting RAW+ with the original Q is maddeningly slow.

Charles.
10-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #18
Forum Member

Q vs Q7

I haven't done any direct comparisons of Q to Q7 for speed but I can say the Q7 certainly feels a lot more responsive with the same lens and the IQ is noticeable better. I really haven't pushed either one to their limits yet as I have 'big' cameras for those jobs.