Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

+1 It is a great accessory and really helps with the extra bit of stability it adds. Glad to hear you can work around the damage.

07-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I have been thinking of trying the tripod mount version of the Clearviewer but now I wonder. It folds up with the lens directly over the lcd for storage. That seems like a very handy way to carry the device but I wonder if it would make the risk of magnifier burn even more likely. Any thoughts? The flash shoe version works great in use but is a bit awkward to store on camera.
It wouldn't seem so. Magnifiers create the risk of heat damage or fire hazard at the distance they are focused at. If the magnifier is right up against the screen when folded, then the light will never focus through it because it will hit the LCD screen long before reaching its focal point.
07-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CFWhitman Quote
It wouldn't seem so. Magnifiers create the risk of heat damage or fire hazard at the distance they are focused at. If the magnifier is right up against the screen when folded, then the light will never focus through it because it will hit the LCD screen long before reaching its focal point.
You are correct. I contacted the company and they gave the same explanation you provide. Damage is probably very unlikely with the flash shoe mounted version as long as the lens does not remain in front of the LCD when not in use.
10-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Today I made the mistake of trying to remove the LCD from my Q7 with the plan to replace it with one of my Q screens. Well things went bad and I now have a bad screen and a non working rear dial on my Q7, pulled a little too hard. I never got the screen out but I did damage the camera. So word to the wise, DON'T TRY. In the past I replaced a screen on my Canon P&S and that was easy so I tried the Q7. Needless to say I didn't touch my pristine Q's

New Q7 on the way, got a deal.

11-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Deal? Anyway others can take advantage of that deal?

thanks,
11-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
Deal? Anyway others can take advantage of that deal?

thanks,
Sure I found a Q7 with 02 new on Ebay for $240, best I found on B&H or Amazon was $276

Pentax Q7 Compact Mirrorless Camera with 5 15mm F 2 8 4 5 Zoom Lens | eBay

It says sale ends in 17 hours, They took my PayPal camera should arrive Nov 9

Now I: want to sell one of my orig. Q's to offset the loss

Hans
11-03-2014, 08:34 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My White Q is sold with a crazy sharp 02, I hope my replacement 02 is as good, New Q7 should be here Thrusday