Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone de-fish the 03 Fish-Eye? Examples?

I'm wondering how the 03 looks de-fished. I recently saw this thread and am thinking about one as a fun walk around. I also ride and think it might be cool to have for that.

08-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Most of my aerial panoramas are with the Q/03, selectively de-fished & stitched:

Aerial & VR Panoramas | kayakfari ( kayak .. far .. i ) (lots)
08-08-2014, 10:51 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
Dunno... guess it's a question of time, or money.

On the time side, get the 03 FE lens ($), research ($) and acquire the required software ($), then tweak/torture its output to fit your needs ($), if possible.
On the money side, you could just get an 08 WZ lens ($$$$) and be done with it.

Both lenses (03 and 08) are designed shoot at about the same view angle (3.2mm vs. 3.8-5.9mm), plus the 08 has a more robust/flexible design spec...

For the 03's specs, see:
03 FISH-EYE / Unique Lenses / Q-mount Lenses / Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING

For the 08's specs, see:
08 WIDE ZOOM / High-Performance Lenses / Q-mount Lenses / Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING

Personally, I'd consider getting them both. Use the 03 for it's dedicated purpose/effect (Fish-Eye) and NOT attempt to de-fish it, and the 08 for it's Wide-Zoom capabilities which deliver the effect you desire.

...my 2 cents...

Cheers... M
Already have the software but not the lens.

---------- Post added 08-08-2014 at 11:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
Most of my aerial panoramas are with the Q/03, selectively de-fished & stitched:

Aerial & VR Panoramas | kayakfari ( kayak .. far .. i ) (lots)
Thanks for that; made me a bit nostalgic for my old home near, "The River of Grass". No other place like it on earth.
11-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

More river of grass adventures! This time following the water as it flows from Lake Okeechobee down the Miami River (Canal) and out to sea on Biscayne Bay:

https://kayakfari.wordpress.com/trips-sea-stories-pics/river-of-grass-canoe-...i-river-canal/

Click pic - 4 part series!

Enjoy!

11-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I did some lens correction in Lightroom to remove some of the fisheye look on the images below shot with Q7 and 03