Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is a that a Q in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?!?!?

I've seen plenty of pictures of the Q in someone's palm, beside another camera, on top of an iPhone, etc. but I've never seen any pictures of how well (or not well) it fits in the pocket of a jacket, trousers, cargo shorts or in the pocket of any other piece of clothing. Does it conceal well or give you that disconcerting, "happy to see you", look?

I'm sure it fits with the "Lens Shield" (but that's sort of cheating innit?) but are the prime, toy, and zoom lenses a bit too big to be unobtrusive if carried in one's pocket? Putting it on a camera strap under your jacket doesn't count nor do purses; pockets only.

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 08-13-2014 at 01:49 PM.
08-13-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's not too bad with the 01 or toy lenses, but the zooms are a bit large.
This is more of a jacket pocket camera, not a pants pocket - unless they are cargo style then it fits ok in a cargo pocket.
Skinny jeans? fuggedaboutit!
Yoga pants? uh no!
08-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

There is no way I would fit the Q w/ 02 lens in any of my pants pockets. The Q with 02 lens is just too odd of shape to fit comfortably.

I can fit my MX-1 in cargo pants or cargo shorts, but even then it is a bit awkward so I prefer to use a small bag ... and then it doesn't matter which camera I carry.

Jacket pocket is okay for the MX-1, but haven't tried it with the Q.
08-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

This seems appropriate to the discussion

Scientists Determine Cause of Point-And Shoot Collapse

Scientists Determine Cause of Point-And Shoot Collapse | New Camera News

08-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pfff pants. you can't take photos if it's in your pants!

I just carry the dam thing, in my hand! One can of course operate it with said hand leaving the other free for using ones oyster card / drinking coffee / eating a pie
08-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Outlawing skinny jeans? Those should be at least heavily regulated. Outlawing Justin Bieber for all is appealing. Actually he should be deported to some watery spot twelve nautical miles off the left, right or third coast. Which coast is unimportant as long as cameras are around to capture all the true Beliebers swimming out to save to save her.... him.....whatever. Deporting Bieber to it's native Canada is a no go for me since such might been seen as an act of war by a few Canucks. The US battling anti-Bieber jihadist in the wilds of Canada could get ugly.

Anyway.... If I'm not wearing cargo pockets, I do that often, the Q might leave me appearing a little too "happy" and uncomfortable. In which case I grab a Canon SX280 or Olympus XA.
08-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Multi-coated Quote
Anyway.... If I'm not wearing cargo pockets, I do that often, the Q might leave me appearing a little too "happy" and uncomfortable. In which case I grab a Canon SX280 or Olympus XA.
I just grab the murse.

08-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
This seems appropriate to the discussion

Scientists Determine Cause of Point-And Shoot Collapse

Scientists Determine Cause of Point-And Shoot Collapse | New Camera News
When did this happen?! No one told me cargo pockets were right out! I'm doomed.
08-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #9

I hope to get a Q soon... very Soon... IA I do hope so.

Depending on when I get my paws on it I have already got a custom belt rig for it... kind of a cross between a Wild West Gun-fighters belt holster... and a fancy leather "Bum-Bag".... but I wear a long Trench/Duster coat over the top.... tripod stuffs into the custom "Shotgun" pocket... and there is smaller pockets for batteries lenses... and oh lets not forget the Smoking pipe...
08-16-2014, 05:25 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Multi-coated Quote
Outlawing skinny jeans?
Feel free to look at my underwear instead then.
08-16-2014, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I actually do pocket the Q / 01 in these.

Cargo Pants? Sure. For Boy Scout outings. Wouldn't catch me in a pair anywhere else.

Something like this is standard apparel. I mean, WGAF any more, right?

Q / 02? Meh. You could put a K-3 / DA60~250 in the pockets and no one would know.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-16-2014 at 07:18 AM.
08-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I've carried my Q+01 in my pant's pocket some times, it's visible from outside that something bigger than a cellphone is in there, but it was fine, and I didn't feel bad about it.

I may take a photo of it later for you.
08-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtux Quote
I've carried my Q+01 in my pant's pocket some times, it's visible from outside that something bigger than a cellphone is in there, but it was fine, and I didn't feel bad about it.

I may take a photo of it later for you.
No that's ok, no need. Thank you.
08-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Careful, we don't want the thread to lose its G rating. lol. I do carry the Q/01 in non cargo pants.
thanks
barondla

The Q is fun. What other cameras have pants threads?
08-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #15
Inactive Account

The next Q model should be all new and come in the shape of a banana. Offered in yellow only!

Something like this but more integrated:

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/the-bobber