Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Flexible Lens Hood/Shade

I live in very sunny Arizona where having a ND or polarizer filter constantly on your camera is not a suggestion but a requirement for getting any kind of color saturation in your shots. (Remember this is one of the states where SPF 100 sunscreen is sold and itís use is highly recommended.) Many of the lens hoods, especially the factory products make using a polarizer filter somewhat difficult as you have to reach into the lens hood to rotate the polarizer. That is why I prefer a lens hood that screws into the polarizer. You just rotate the lens hood to increase or decrease the amount of polarization.

Here is a rubberized 40.5mm lens hood/shade I purchased from an Ebay seller in Brooklyn, NY for $6.99 and that included shipping. When collapsed this works quite well, no vignetting, with the 01 Prime and 02 Zoom. When collapsed or fully extended it works well for the 06 zoom. No, I do not know how it works for the 08 Wide Angle but if you want to donate one for me to try I will update this report.

Another benefit to using a rubberized lens hood/shade is that if you accidentally bump something with the lens the rubber will adsorb the shock. I have used these shades on all my cameraís since 1975. While the camera with the polarizer and hood mounted on the 06 zoom will not fit into my Vivitar bag, this shows how I store the hood during transport of the camera.

I am in no way associated with the seller of this lens hood.

Denny

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K110D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K110D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K110D  Photo 
08-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That's what I do, too!