Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-17-2014, 10:02 PM - 1 Like   #1

Help! Pentax Q10: Firmware update menu selection

Hello everyone,

I understand that this camera has a large following and after many attempts I have come to this board to seek some advice as to what might be the problem with my camera.

I recently updated my camera (q10) to the newest firmware 1.03 and now I'm trying to update my 01 prime lens to v.1.01 from 1.00.

However the problem is that when getting to the firmware selection menu after selecting the firmware info I am not able to select anything (either the lens or camera sub menus) even after trying all of the directional buttons and switches (I have the necessary files in the SD card as well and it has been formatted)

The screen doesn't show a blue highlight on selection as it did before the update so all the screen shows is the menu back option and the current firmware information for the Camera and Lens.

I'm wondering if this is a glitch or a bug or if It is an error on my part during the installation of the 1.03 firmware as everything seems normal except for the above..

I would really appreciate any insight you guys can provide as to how I might go about solving this issue.

Thanks in advanced

08-17-2014, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You probably haven't copied over the correct update file. The update should have a .BIN extension (i.e. extract any zip's or exe's you may have downloaded) and it needs to be placed in the card root (i.e. outside of the DCIM folder).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
Ah yes! that's it.

I re-tried formatting the card one last time and following your advice and it finally worked!

I don't know how I was so oblivious to the fact maybe I was using the wrong version for update file as the camera was not reading it before.

Thank You Adam! and Happy Shooting!
08-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum TofuTO. Glad you got the firmware update working. There are a lot of helpful people on the Q foum. You even got a reply fom Adam! Stay with us, enjoy the Q, and post some pictures.
thanks
barondla