Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 03:57 AM   #1

Fotodiox lens adapters -Type 1 vs.Type 2 ?

Specifically Fotodiox M42 -> Pentax Q adapter. Amazon lists Type 1 and Type 2 versions without any explanation of the difference. Anybody know? I've posted a question at Amazon but no response so far.

Thanks.

Rick

09-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Forum Member

I would guess one has an aperture control and one doesn't - if you want to post links up to the adapters you're looking at somebody should be able to confirm.
09-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35millimeter Quote
I would guess one has an aperture control and one doesn't - if you want to post links up to the adapters you're looking at somebody should be able to confirm.
Thanks for the response but that doesn't appear to be the case. In the pictures they appear to be basically identical and with no aperture ring. The only apparent difference is one is inscribed V.1 and the other V.2.

Hopefully this link will provide some visual confirmation (if I'm doing this correctly)...
Amazon.com: fotodiox m42 to pentax q
09-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #4

Fotodiox M42 Adapter - different versions

I think one version has an aperture flange the other not.

The flange is intended to permanently press the pin for aperture closing when the lens is mounted and should be used for lenses with such a pin.

The non-flange version can be only be used for M42 lenses with a A/M switch or with a preset mechanism (no pin).

09-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #5
Pentaxian

The type-1 is no longer listed on the Fotodiox website and is probably out of production.

The description of the type 2 adapter lists as a feature
http://www.fotodioxpro.com/fotodiox-lens-mount-adapter-type-2-m42-42mm-x1-th...s-cameras.html

Built-in Aperture Controller

This is not listed on the description of the type1 adapters on Amazon.
09-02-2014, 12:11 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses, everybody.

I did finally find a product description at Amazon stating Type 1 is for Takumar lenses and Type 2 is not, something I don't think is totally true. Stop-down metering is all I'm looking for but it would be nice to have the Type 1automatic diaphragm operability, if that's what it does. I've sent an email to Fotodiox; we'll see what their response says.

Thanks again for the help.

Rick