Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2015, 07:59 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I wonder if some of these sellers even bother to look at what similar models have sold for. This seller obviously does not have a clue. Now don't everyone jump on this sale at the same time!
Pentax Q7 02 Zoom Kit Black Compact System Camera 12 4MP Compact System Camera W 027075239425 | eBay

07-31-2015, 02:33 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
I wonder if some of these sellers even bother to look at what similar models have sold for. This seller obviously does not have a clue. Now don't everyone jump on this sale at the same time!
Pentax Q7 02 Zoom Kit Black Compact System Camera 12 4MP Compact System Camera W 027075239425 | eBay
This kind of thing happens on eBay all the time.
I've bought things on eBay, but only after I've done research.
I bought my Q7+02+06 used-like-new (shutter-count=50) on Amazon for $280 ppd
I bought my K30+18-55 used-like-new (shutter-count=3) via eBay from KEH for $290 ppd.
At the same time, Roberts was selling body-only used-nearly-new K-50 for over $300 .. they didn't sell nearly all they were listing, but they sold several each week to people I described as "being unaware of B&H"

And a seller can say whatever they will, and there doesn't seem to be any policing other than buyer-be-ware, and there seem to be plenty of foolish people out there who do no research before buying.

On multiple occasions I've seen something listed on eBay as "very rare", even though three or four identical items are listed on eBay at the same moment.

A few weeks ago a guy was selling a D&RGW (railroad) pass on eBay; most passes look like a paper ticket, but these look like a watch fob. It finally sold for something like $250. but I knew from another discussion forum that these were a replica that had been produced maybe twenty years ago. Several of us complained to the seller, providing documentation, but all he did was to add small print to his listing saying that he didn't really know anything about the provenance of this item, and there were some who disagreed with his description.
07-31-2015, 04:28 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, $250 is about right for that replica. The original, personalized 'Lifetime Pass' cards - there were only a few hundred ever issued - were custom made solid silver and often sell for over $100,000,