Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2014, 08:25 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
The review is great, the camera seems fairly good for what it is but I still am not convince that it's worth the upgrade (from original Q). Or am I missing the "big" picture here?

I mean I still haven't seen any real comparison about processing time or AF for example. I am hesitant in taking the plunge for the new sensor or AF if they are not a major improvement.

At the moment the iteration is nothing that looks revolutionary. Am I wrong? Need to be convinced because there are good deals to be had on the Q7 at the moment. If the hardware of the Q-s1 is the same as the Q7, choice will be easy.

The Q-S1/Q7 are a significant enough upgrade with the sensor change to upgrade. Well worth the upgrade over aQ. As far as AF, the AF is very fast ,but since I do not have a Q7 to compare to, I can't tell you if it would meet your needs.

The best may be to buy a Q7 at discount and wait for a Q-S2 next year. I had already waited long enough and prefer the look of the Q-S1.

10-06-2014, 12:48 AM   #17

I've just ordered my Q7 (upgrading from a Q10) from amazon UK - I find the Q/Q10/Q7 shape very comfortable and I'm not sure about that awkward-looking knob that replaces the grip on the Q-S1. Plus the Q-S1 seems currently overpriced to me for the few advantages it offers over the Q7. YMMV.