Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
DxO Optics needs our help to support all us Q/Q7 users (er, ... me)

I've used DxO Optics for years now, since they added modules for the K10D to it. It's the tool I use most when I want to quickly batch convert the RAW files from my cameras. Every software package has it's quirks, and DxO Optics Pro is no exception, but when it works, it works well. It's got a relatively simple interface, produces good output, and operates fairly logically (to me).

One of those quirks is that it doesn't support every camera. In this case, it doesn't support my Q or Q7 yet. Another is that they seem to only create modules for cameras/lenses they deem popular enough. They don't support the 645Z, but they already support the D810. They don't support the Q, but they do support the iPhone 6 and Samsung Gallaxy 5. Go figure.

Please go to DxO Optics Modules suggestion form | www.dxo.com and add the following to get us started:
Pentax Q
Pentax Q7
SMC Pentax-Q 02 Standard Zoom 5-15mm F2.8-4.5
SMC Pentax-Q 08 Wide Zoom 3.8-5.9mm F3.7-4

"Pentax Q" or "Pentax Q7" will have to be added for each lens module requested. Just copy and paste. Only 4 modules can be requested at a time, but you can fill out multiple forms. You can add the Q10 and other lenses too if you like. You will have to enter your email address, but they don't SPAM.

The more of us that request it, the more likely our hardware will be supported. Thanks for your support!

PS - I don't have any affiliations with DxO, other than I use the product.

11-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes I noticed that in v8 the Q .dng files were not loaded into the organiser.
But the MX-1 .dng files are ( as well as the K-01 and K-50)

'tis odd.

EDIT: Q + Lens combos added.

Last edited by Steve.Ledger; 11-03-2014 at 04:53 PM.
11-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Done! Happy to spread the aQwareness.
11-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

I submitted requests some months ago without any result. They did not respond except with an automatic boilerplate message. Hopefully a concerted effort from the forum will help.

11-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Yes I noticed that in v8 the Q .dng files were not loaded into the organiser.
But the MX-1 .dng files are ( as well as the K-01 and K-50)

'tis odd.

EDIT: Q + Lens combos added.
Yes, V.9, and I'm told, V.10 don't yet support the Q series or the 645D/645Z. I would think the MX-1 (and iPhone for that matter) would be easy to support since there's only one lens to characterize. The K-01 is the one I find most curious. It didn't get much love from anybody at the beginning, but ended up getting profiled. I hope they add the Qs soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
Done! Happy to spread the aQwareness.
Thanks for your support!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I submitted requests some months ago without any result. They did not respond except with an automatic boilerplate message. Hopefully a concerted effort from the forum will help.
We can hope. Tell a friend! I going to fill out that form on a weekly basis!
11-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Done!
11-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Done!
Thanks!
01-05-2016, 11:05 PM   #8
Site Supporter