Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Yes, I tried the EVF on a Sony A6000, and I liked in a lot!!
I'm not a fan of the others I've tried, the first word that comes to mind is "garish" (probably over-saturated), but they would be better than flying blind outside, and truthfully, I have a terrible time using LCDs I currently have (pocket camera, cell phone) when I'm outdoors.
Yes the A6000 has an excellent EVF.

11-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
But isn't that the situation where a Hoodman or similar works just fine?
Not really -
Try bashing about in the marsh lands of the Mississippi flyway with such a kludge job and you would see why.
For my purposes what I really need is not a Q but the Q sensor in the body of a K5.

BTW I compared the LCD of the Q side by side with that of my Canon S95 under very bright sunlight and the little canon was much better.

Just for the hell of it...
Q at 560mm at a distance of at least a 1/4 mile cropped
and at 1/2 mile not cropped.
Thankfully the day was bright overcast so I could at least make out what I was shooting at and I pulled the parka hood over the camera which helped.

Last edited by wildman; 11-12-2014 at 09:35 PM.
11-11-2014, 05:22 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Not really -
Try bashing about in the marsh lands of the Mississippi flyway with such a kludge job and you would see why.
For my purposes what I really need is not a Q but the Q sensor in the body of a K5.

BTW I compared the LCD of the Q side by side with that of my Canon S95 under very bright sunlight and the little canon was much better.

Just for the hell of it...
Q at 560mm at a distance of at least a 1/4 mile cropped
and at 1/2 mile not cropped.
Thankfully the day was bright overcast so I could at least make out what I was shooting at and I pulled the parka hood over the camera which helped.
Ya, but both of those fine photographs were well worth the trouble. Have you tried the Q7? Its screen seems a bit better.
11-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Somewhere there's a motivational poster caption lookin' for that pelican shot.

Nice.