Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Firmware on Special EVANGELION edition Q10

Hello guys, so i had the opportunity to get this Q10 evangelion edition TYPE-00 But i can't seem to find any firmware that works with it...

i tried the original q10 firmware, i believe i can't find any help online because people that buy this keep it in the box, mine was bought used so i didn't have to suffer un-minting such artifact..

When i turn on the camera it shows a NERV logo, and i believe that isn't in the "original" firmware. but i want in fact to upgrade my firmware to the latest version and am unable too...

I can't believe no one ever made a review or took pictures with one of these.. i can't find it anywhere online, just ebay

11-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your special edition is vanilla Q10 under the skin, so the regular firmware update should work. Whether you will retain the unique startup logo is the question.

Steve
11-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Your special edition is vanilla Q10 under the skin, so the regular firmware update should work. Whether you will retain the unique startup logo is the question.

Steve
it doesn't work, when i follow the instructions from the pentax site (and i've upgraded firmware different times before from different cameras, just not this one) it says the firmware file is invalid...

even though this is indeed a normal q10 camera, for the firmware, is not.
11-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
From which Ricoh/Pentax website did you download the firmware? Apparently the camera's firmware will allow upgrading to another firmware image for the same region -- i.e., if your camera has a firmware for Asia-Pacific, it'll allow an upgrade to another Asia-Pacific firmware. You might have better luck if you download the firmware from the Japanese website -- look for the links for "q10eva".

11-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aremmes Quote
From which Ricoh/Pentax website did you download the firmware? Apparently the camera's firmware will allow upgrading to another firmware image for the same region -- i.e., if your camera has a firmware for Asia-Pacific, it'll allow an upgrade to another Asia-Pacific firmware. You might have better luck if you download the firmware from the Japanese website -- look for the links for "q10eva".
!!!! that worked it is indeed different firmware, thank you very much for the tip!
11-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
You're welcome. Did you use the "q10eva" firmware? If so, did it keep the startup logo?
11-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #7

Original Poster
yes it did! thanks!