Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New Q kit

Bought a No 6 telephoto, a fisheye, and a Pentax K to Q adaptor. Haven't really done much with them yet other than try them out to make sure they all work properly. I've tried a DAL 17-55 Kit lens and a 50mm M 1.7 from my ME Super days on the adaptor. The M series lens seems perfect for it, and gives superb shots, it always has been a good lens, but never really appealed on my Kr. The DAL is OK but I found it harder to hold and focus for handheld despite the fact it is actually lighter than the M50 1.7! The Q 6 Telephoto zoom seems to be an excellent little lens, razor sharp, and accurate auto focus. The Fisheye is just plain fun, more than I ever thought, as I've never owned one before and was never willing to fork out $300+ dollars for one for my Kr and find out I didn't like it. The quality of the K-Q adptor seems very good, it fits snugly on the Q and the K lenses fit snugly on it. Engineering and finish seem first class as you would expect. The best thing is the whole kit, along with my standard Q lens, and 02 zoom easily fits in to a little case whereas a similar selection with my Kr requires a backpack!

11-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Small is beautiful unless you have a big telephoto lens attached
11-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for this amazingly competent camera and lens set. Be sure to read through the older messages in the Q forum. There is a wealth of good information here as well as a great group of helpful fellow photographers.
11-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yes I bought my Q back early this year. It was the last one they had left and severely discounted, I would never have justified spending $700 but I could live with $199! It came with the standard lens but sold new for less than I've seen standard lenses alone on Ebay for??? I bought it to experiment with, but really under the right conditions it has proven to be more useful than my DSLR. The best photo is the one you actually take because you actually have the camera with you, and the little Q is often with me. These days the Kr with 2.8 zoom only comes with me if image quality is parmount. The rest of the time the little Q is always there, just waiting to come out of a pocket or bag to snatch a moment in time. Because I use it so much, I thought it worth while spending a little to get even more use out of it.

11-27-2014, 06:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
cmar, welcome to the Q. As you have found out it is a very capable camera and lots of fun. Doubt any camera is more fun. The Q sneaks up on the photographer and big cameras. Big cameras start staying home more and more. There is no cure for the Q effect. Enjoy the Q.
thanks
barondla

cmar, you got a great price on the Q kit.
11-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Small is beautiful unless you have a big telephoto lens attached
Short lenses can also be big ;-)

Nikkor 6mm f/2.8 fisheye lens video and photo samples | Nikon Rumors

J
11-28-2014, 03:56 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by jethro10 Quote
I......want.....that......lens.......

11-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter