Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2014, 07:28 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Glare at the flare!

I had some serious fun with my Q and 02 zoom lens this Thanksgiving. The kids were watching a football game with my father in law and my wife was chatting with her mother. My Q was pointed toward the window. Who was there but this little fellow?

IMGP6339
by Never Off, on Flickr

"Go outside!" said the little hedgehog. "The sun's right. The light's bright. You should be out of sight!"

I found some leaves that were blown down from the eaves.

IMGP6439
by Never Off, on Flickr

They were rosy but they told me to mosey. They were next to a fence. I followed the fence. Follow follow follow. Until I met some rocks that could tear your socks!

IMGP6395
by Never Off, on Flickr

"How are the leaves? Are they well?" asked the rocks.

"They're joyful as a clear ringing bell!" I said.

Suddenly the wind blew and said it would show me a beautiful red hue!

"Yes, yes! A hue so nice and there's no price!"

I listened and thought. Sure, why not? I did what is not right. I lifted my camera into the light!

IMGP6425
by Never Off, on Flickr

Flare so bright! Flare so right! I was drowning in the light! With my lens at f/8 how could I hate?

No, no ... there was more and more. Such a sight could not be a bore!

IMGP6457
by Never Off, on Flickr

The grasses diffracted and my sensor was impacted. Highlights were blown but there was so much tone!

IMGP6461
by Never Off, on Flickr

Flare, flare!

IMGP6464
by Never Off, on Flickr

But all things must end. It was time to go home so I can write this little poem.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone ... from my family to yours ... and from my Q to yours!!

Last edited by 6BQ5; 11-27-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Oops! Typo! :)
11-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
I had some serious fun with my Q and 02 zoom lens this Thanksgiving. The kids were watching a football game with my father in law and my wife was chatting with her mother. My Q was pointed toward the window. Who was there but this little fellow?
This is a great set of Thanksgiving photos to share. The bear was scary sharp and I even liked the flares!
11-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
:applause:
11-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Boris,
Good Chronicle.

11-28-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a fun story and images. Bravo Very enjoyable.
11-28-2014, 06:44 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Creative pics and poem. I love the fence shot (#4)!!!
Lee
11-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone! The Q inspires my photography in a very special and unique way. It also seems to drive me to do things like write and journal. I don't get that with my K-30 or any of my film cameras. I hope the forum doesn't mind if I keep going on a kick like this for a while.
11-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Thanks, everyone! The Q inspires my photography in a very special and unique way. It also seems to drive me to do things like write and journal. I don't get that with my K-30 or any of my film cameras. I hope the forum doesn't mind if I keep going on a kick like this for a while.
I'm going to join you when my Q7 arrives. I've reached a new level of frustration today when my 01 lens was delivered. 02 kit will be here by Wednesday. Hope the battery is charged because I am!

Lee

11-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Quirky Quote
I'm going to join you when my Q7 arrives. I've reached a new level of frustration today when my 01 lens was delivered. 02 kit will be here by Wednesday. Hope the battery is charged because I am!

Lee
Yes, what a bummer to have a nice lens but no camera to put it on! But it will be worth the wait.
11-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #10
Site Supporter

I hope the forum doesn't mind if I keep going on a kick like this for a while.
Not at all but serve popcorn next time