Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
How were the Black Friday shopping lines for you?

It's that time of year again when people wake up at 3am and start lining up or going into stores for some serious shopping. I've never been good at waking up early no matter what incentive is put before me. This year I decided to sleep in, head out late, and line up for something different. I took my Q with the 02 zoom lens with me to document the results of my approach to BF. I was shocked that there was no line behind me to get this.

IMGP6485
by Never Off, on Flickr

The winds were howling at 20 MPH at the top of C Hill in Carson City. Nobody could have asked for a better pose or nicer light. The 02 lens really shines when used wide open. But I was lining up for something else before that though.

IMGP6476
by Never Off, on Flickr

No line here either. No stampede. No trampling. I was wondering if Apple Maps lead me astray again. It seemed like I was in the right place. Then I checked my Q. Low ISO? Yes. Wide open? Yes. 3:2 ratio? Yes. Raw? Yes. Hmmm ... odd. But this is what I was really after.

IMGP6482
by Never Off, on Flickr

I say whoever claims the 02 lens to be a poor performer should rethink their methodology, both before and after pressing the shutter button. All I needed to do was nudge some of the sliders in Aperture and the image blossomed before my eyes. It's like watching a Polaroid develop.

This best part of all what I got today was the price. It wasn't on sale. It was free. I think I got what I wanted out of Black Friday this year.

11-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #2

No lines here either but i wasnt out with the camera i had to work
11-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
It's that time of year again when people wake up at 3am and start lining up or going into stores for some serious shopping. I've never been good at waking up early no matter what incentive is put before me. This year I decided to sleep in, head out late, and line up for something different. I took my Q with the 02 zoom lens with me to document the results of my approach to BF. I was shocked that there was no line behind me to get this.

IMGP6485
by Never Off, on Flickr

The winds were howling at 20 MPH at the top of C Hill in Carson City. Nobody could have asked for a better pose or nicer light. The 02 lens really shines when used wide open. But I was lining up for something else before that though.

IMGP6476
by Never Off, on Flickr

No line here either. No stampede. No trampling. I was wondering if Apple Maps lead me astray again. It seemed like I was in the right place. Then I checked my Q. Low ISO? Yes. Wide open? Yes. 3:2 ratio? Yes. Raw? Yes. Hmmm ... odd. But this is what I was really after.

IMGP6482
by Never Off, on Flickr

I say whoever claims the 02 lens to be a poor performer should rethink their methodology, both before and after pressing the shutter button. All I needed to do was nudge some of the sliders in Aperture and the image blossomed before my eyes. It's like watching a Polaroid develop.

This best part of all what I got today was the price. It wasn't on sale. It was free. I think I got what I wanted out of Black Friday this year.
Beautiful kids Boris.... life is good! Gotta get me one of those Q7's!!
11-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote

IMGP6485
by Never Off, on Flickr

IMGP6476
by Never Off, on Flickr

IMGP6482
by Never Off, on Flickr

Great post, Boris! You clearly had a great day. Nice pictures also.

11-29-2014, 08:34 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Great picture & a healthy approach indeed!
I spent friday morning traveling, but today I snuck in some photography as well... ;-)
11-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Looks like you got some really good deals. Priceless you might say. Too bad more folks don't spend their limited amount of life minutes in similar pursuits instead of wasting them in an attempt to save a few dollars on gifts that will be forgotten before the next Christmas. Your photo's will only appreciate in value as time goes on and may be shared with those you do not live long enough to meet.
11-29-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Pentaxian

No lines for me yesterday, or today, but no photos. I was out searching for old lenses at estate sales, no luck and I lost 2 e bay auctions also for old lenses, not my day.

You had a great day Boris