Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-02-2014, 10:43 PM   #31

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

After reading about the numerous errors by the Pentax Web Store and that some people were charged full retail rather than the sales price I am glad that I didn't wind up ordering from them. Even though one can dispute through credit card or hassle the web store to correct the error I would rather not even deal with that.

---------- Post added 12-02-14 at 09:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
it says "backordered" on the page before you click buy... at least it did for the lenses. It said "backordered - ships in 10 days"
Q7 was never listed as backordered and still isn't. Also said would ship within a day.

12-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #32
Veteran Member

It's not $199 but you can still find a black Q7 with an 02 lens for $229 on Amazon:

Amazon.com : Pentax Q Black Kit w/ 02 Standard Zoom Lens : Compact System Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo
12-03-2014, 08:15 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
Not to hijack this thread but since we are talking about Pentax sales etc, any of you who have ordered from the Pentax WEB site may know the answer to this. They emailed us order confirmation numbers for the Q7's we ordered. Do they email us tracking information once the item is shipped or do we have to go to their WEB site to track it? How do we know when the items are shipped?
They e-mailed me a shipment confirmation last night.
The Q7 is in a brown truck, somewhere outside.Stratford, Ct.
12-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
They e-mailed me a shipment confirmation last night.
The Q7 is in a brown truck, somewhere outside.Stratford, Ct.
Do you mind telling me what was the date of your order? They said they would not charge my account for the cameras we ordered until they were shipped however, my account was charged for the cameras on Saturday and so far I have not received any shipping info from them.

12-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cwrailman Quote
do you mind telling me what was the date of your order?
11/27
12-04-2014, 07:55 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
It's not $199 but you can still find a black Q7 with an 02 lens for $229 on Amazon:
Amazon.com : Pentax Q Black Kit w/ 02 Standard Zoom Lens : Compact System Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo
I find black to be a boring color, especially for a Q,
12-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Well, silver used to be the boring color for cameras,
and then posers thought it would be cool to go for the "look"
by covering the camera body with black tape.

12-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Well, silver used to be the boring color for cameras,
and then posers thought it would be cool to go for the "look"
by covering the camera body with black tape.
Yeah, I wondered what possessed Canon when they built the T-90, a completely black film camera, a camera designed to trap heat. Color is less of an issue with digital cameras, but I want a camera that won't be mistaken for a "pro" camera; it would be just great with me if people mistook my serious camera for a toy. These days, the silver/black camera is "cool" though, because it is so retro.
12-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
11/27
Thank you!! Our order date was 11/30 so it will probably be a day or so before we hear about shipping. I was just trying to get an idea of how far behind they are.

---------- Post added 12-04-14 at 08:59 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Na! It's the same color as guns. Both capable of doing some shooting.

An update on my order:
I now understand why folks complain about the Pentax WEB store. We placed an order on 11/30/2014 with them and got a confirmation number etc. The total amount for the items were frozen in my bank account showing Pentax had put a lock on the funds. ( This is normal when doing such transactions on weekends.) I verified this on 12/01/2014. Today I get a message from their customer service that the order will not be filled because they could not confirm the billing address and told me to contact my bank to see if they had my current information. WHAT!!! So I stopped at the bank and verified that the info they have had on record for over 20 years is the same as I sent the Pentax people which it was.

I just wrote and told Pentax Customer Service to cancel the order and I will reorder from an Ebay seller as they are probably more reliable. Strike against Pentax.

Last edited by CWRailman; 12-04-2014 at 01:04 PM.
12-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #40

Ricoh/Pentax Webstore online

I ordered my Q7 on the morning of 12/01. I initially chose the silver/black model but it was back-ordered so I switched to the all black. My order status was "order received" on 12/01. I paid via PayPal and PayPal showed a payment of exactly what I expected.

I checked this morning, 12/03, and my order status was "No tracking information". This concerned me a little so I sent them an email asking for order status. I got an answer this afternoon, 12/03, which said the order had shipped and delivery was expected on 12/05.

This information sounds pretty good to me and I hope it turns out to be true [ sometimes a glass half-empty guy here ]

edit: As promised, I received my Q7+02 in black in the mail today and the $$ was what I expected. The Q7 is a great upgrade! Today my glass was full.

Last edited by bencason; 12-05-2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: order status update
12-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
But if you're REALLY still interested you can get almost the same price.
Pentax Q7 Compact Mirrorless Camera with 5 15mm F 2 8 4 5 Zoom Lens | eBay
That guy is now selling one black one (open box) for $199.00
Pentax Q7 Compact Mirrorless Camera with 5 15mm F 2 8 4 5 Zoom Lens 027075239531 | eBay