Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Good to know that the Q7 fixes this! I'm still unsure if I'll get one, probably only in a pack with a lens so I can justify it to myself as being a way to expand the system.
I have the Q10 with the 01, I got them for very little, and I'm actually liking the camera a lot, but getting a Q7, even cheap, would look like repetition to me, and I don't like that. I *know* it isn't, the 4.7 crop series is different from the 5.6, but it' the way I function. And I'm planning to keep the Q10, I do like the crop factor, however strange that may sound.
I think I get what folks refer to when they say the Q system is fun. I have a couple of interesting shots with adapted lenses, but I haven't posted them to the relevant thread because I'd like to do something a bit more systematic.

04-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hate to bump an old post, but I have a similar issue -- Love bold monochrome; hate JPG, and using an original Q, so Raw+jpg doesn't save the raw image.

Is there a good lightroom preset (or just a few settings suggestions) that mimics the look?

And personally, even if some people can't wrap their heads around the concept for some reason, I would very much like to be able to use the nifty modes while still recording the original raw data. Not having that as an option is stupid.
04-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
There must have been some limitation, because when you use the quick dial for 'Smart Effect' and you tap the 'save RAW data' button after taking the pic,
- if you are in a quick dial digital filter mode, such as bold monochrome, the cam will save a RAW file with a different name and it will be listed separately in the picture player
- if you are in quick dial 'Smart Effect' 'cross processing' mode (a mode which, when used not via Smart Effect, allows RAW), the cam will save the RAW file in 'correct association' with the JPG just as if you had been shooting in normal RAW+

Possibly something that they had to rewrite more than a little bit of software to support in latter models, otherwise I think they'd have it fixed in firmware by now.